Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nonito Donaire vs. Guillermo Rigondeaux is ON!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mares actually deserves the fight at this point! Arum is only doing this to get away from GBP's $3 million offer! Mares should push GBP's to get him something big! I'm thinking maybe a huge fight with Carl Frampton! If promoted well it could be a huge fight! There really isn't too much for Mares maybe a move up to fight Ponce or GBP's could take that 3 million and try to get Chris John to come to the states! Or he fights at 118 against either Vazquez jr or Montiel!!

Comment

Yesssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by "Smokin Sugar" View Post
        Mares actually deserves the fight at this point! Arum is only doing this to get away from GBP's $3 million offer! Mares should push GBP's to get him something big! I'm thinking maybe a huge fight with Carl Frampton! If promoted well it could be a huge fight! There really isn't too much for Mares maybe a move up to fight Ponce or GBP's could take that 3 million and try to get Chris John to come to the states! Or he fights at 118 against either Vazquez jr or Montiel!!
        Donaire fights Mares people say he's ducking Rigondeaux. Donaire fights Rigondeaux people say he's ducking mares.

IMO Rigondeaux is the tougher fight anyways, mares has a style more suited for Donaire.

Comment

It's well into the afternoon (EST) and still no confirmation about this "news". Hope this isn't another false alarm.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
            It's well into the afternoon (EST) and still no confirmation about this "news". Hope this isn't another false alarm.
            It's morning time here

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
              That's fine and I'm not arguing none of that but to say a dude cant be promoted cause hes ugly? These forums is the only place where I find dudes judging other dudes looks. And here I was thinking this was a place full of grown ass man.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
              That was just one factor dude. Act like you a grown ass man for once. Some of the sports biggest stars have some other intangible that made them more than just a star, whether it was looks, an exciting style, or an engaging personality.

Arum HAS NOTHING to work with. I'd cut my losses too. Cash out on him while he's semi-relevant.

What the **** you on about, focusing on one thing, says more about your intelligence level than anyone else here

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                It's morning time here
                ESPN.com usually has all their boxing news/articles up by now. They also track their writers' Twitter remarks. Not a peep about this fight. Boxingscene hasn't said a word either. A quick Google search didn't show anything promising. In fact, the most recent news (one day ago) was that this fight wasn't "a done deal yet." Know who reported that? ABS-CBN news.

Comment

Just checked the ABS-CBN News website. The latest they have on Donaire is the 3 million dollar GBP offer. I don't know what the TS is talking about.

Comment

This is the fight I want to see for Donaire. I personally saw it live how Rigondeaux outboxed Mares in 2003 and made it look easy.

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
                      That was just one factor dude. Act like you a grown ass man for once. Some of the sports biggest stars have some other intangible that made them more than just a star, whether it was looks, an exciting style, or an engaging personality.

Arum HAS NOTHING to work with. I'd cut my losses too. Cash out on him while he's semi-relevant.

What the **** you on about, focusing on one thing, says more about your intelligence level than anyone else here
                      What are you gonna come up with next? "Oh that Ginger cute with his freckles and read hair." This is fkin boxing not Jersey Shore mah dude.

Comment

Working...
                      X