Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has/will boxing missed most? Calzaghe or Hatton?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hatton without a shadow of a doubt. Calzaghe never had a ppv fight in his home country and bombed on ppv in the usa. He was never popular and didn't have a 1/20 of Hattons popularity and didn't bring the casual fan to the sport.

Comment

hatton brought the british crowd which just makes the stadium electrifying(damn that sounded gay)

Comment

Originally posted by gancho_al_igado View Post
        Calzaghe, theres alot of fights that can be made with him. Hatton cant compete at the top level.
        True, but no matter how they turn it I'm sure Calzaghe is another Ricky Hatton. Only difference is that he didn't fight Floyd or Pacquiao quality opponents or his division champion for that matter. I still think he's overrated. Ricky Hatton is NOT overrated, he has fought everyone we wanted him to and came short only against the p4p best at the time. And he's a warrior.

Comment

hatton will be missed for bringing fans to the sport, for his sense of humour and for making the best fights possible.

although calzaghe never had as big a following he could potentially have made bigger, better and more lucrative matchups and that is something which is felt all over the world.

imo its calzaghe.

Comment

I'll miss Hatton, hard to dislike the guy. Calzaghe would be more needed ofcourse. We have the Super 6, B-Hop, Dawson and Johnson...Calzaghe could get at all that. People wouldn't have to question his greatness.

Comment

boxing needs hatton

Comment

I want Calzaghe to come back and fight Dawson. Just one more fight. If he handles Dawson, (which he wouldn't) like his fanboys think he can leave in peace. As far as I'm concerned, he had unfinished business.

Comment

Originally posted by gancho_al_igado View Post
                  Calzaghe, theres alot of fights that can be made with him. Hatton cant compete at the top level.
                  anyone who disagrees with this needs to get over the hate. bitches.

Comment

I voted Calzaghe because we didn't ever really get to see him VS top guys. Whether he would have won or lost, we missed out because he had a fantastic ability to win and give a good fight. A lot will argue that his slapping style was ugly, but he had many good things about him as a fighter if you analyse it overall.

Hatton had his day, big fights, names and paydays. He isn't a great boxer, and largely due to his character, and then his fanbase, he got the fights. Also thanks to Maywetaher for cherry picking him aswell.

Comment

Hatton coz he is more exciting than Joe although he is less skilled.

Comment

Working...
                      X