Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How well could Froch take Kovalev's power...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He could not take his power and he knows it. Froch talks about fighting lots of guys but not Kovalev. Froch was hurt and down against Taylor but he beat the count and went on to KO Taylor. Kovalev hits much harder than Taylor and is much better than the Taylor that fought Froch. Most of Taylor's power was in his straight right but Kovalev hits much harder than Taylor with a variety of punches from both hands. The fight won't happen because although Froch has a good chin he knows better than to fight a bigger man with the monstrous power of Kovelev.

Comment

Kovalev destroys him at 175lbs.

Froch is will not go up in weight well if he ever tries. Especially at this stage in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        He could not take his power and he knows it. Froch talks about fighting lots of guys but not Kovalev. Froch was hurt and down against Taylor but he beat the count and went on to KO Taylor. Kovalev hits much harder than Taylor and is much better than the Taylor that fought Froch. Most of Taylor's power was in his straight right but Kovalev hits much harder than Taylor with a variety of punches from both hands. The fight won't happen because although Froch has a good chin he knows better than to fight a bigger man with the monstrous power of Kovelev.
        Yeah, this is pretty much it, but it's worrying for Kovalev's opponents because Froch has one of the best chins out there but even he would be very unlikely to withstand too much punishment from Kovalev. I think perhaps the key is to have a highly skilled boxer with a sophisticated defence to not get hit and know how to win rounds, this is why Ward has a chance...imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
          Kovalev destroys him at 175lbs.

Froch is will not go up in weight well if he ever tries. Especially at this stage in his career.
          At 175 of course, no chance. I said if Kovalev moved down or fought at a catchweight, in any case moving down somewhat and potentially losing power.

Comment

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
            At 175 of course, no chance. I said if Kovalev moved down or fought at a catchweight, in any case moving down somewhat and potentially losing power.
            If froch can drain him i suppose he could but i just think Kovalev is a bad style for Froch even without the size factor.

Froch has proved me wrong before though!

Comment

killa kov ko's the current froch. Prime froch gives him a great fight at 168.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                If froch can drain him i suppose he could but i just think Kovalev is a bad style for Froch even without the size factor.

Froch has proved me wrong before though!
                Unfortunately we will never likely see it, but I do think it would be brutally exciting, with one likely ending to occur but others that can't be ruled out either.

Comment

Originally posted by robust_ View Post
                  killa kov ko's the current froch. Prime froch gives him a great fight at 168.
                  When was Froch truly 'prime' in your opinion? He only really began to get recognition as a top p4p fighter as he was getting the Kessler revenge done and possibly after dismantling Bute, but that was in the last 12 months - 2 years maximum. If Froch had dominated Groves I think most would still probably say he was prime...

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
                    Froch would hit the floor multiple times early. The only question is if he could survive and make Kovalev punch himself out. Not exactly a promising road to victory and obviously a fight that isn't happening as Froch didn't even want to step up to face Stevenson. He's been in enough tough fights to start picking stupid ones at this stage.
                    GTFOH with that bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
                      Unfortunately we will never likely see it, but I do think it would be brutally exciting, with one likely ending to occur but others that can't be ruled out either.
                      I think the wars are beginning to catchup with Froch. He probably only has 1-2 fights left in him.

Comment

Working...
                      X