No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Possible Guerrero Foes: Berto, Ortiz, Maidana vs. Lopez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by keyz3r0
    Guerrero can suck it!!! .... I would've had more respect if he wouldn't have brought the whole "GOD SAID I'M GOING TO WIN... GOD PUT ME HERE TO HUMBLE MAYWEATHER... GOD SAID I'M GOING TO DESTROY MAYWEATHER.. ETC ETC..." .... To talk all that trash he and his team talked and then when the night comes for it to count, his game plan is to survive 12 rounds and go home a loser.... Glad i didn't pay to see the fight... and when i did see the replay i literally fell asleep thru rounds 5-8 and woke up on round 9 and finished watching the fight... Guerrero had his shot and he missed it clearly, so he should probably go hang out with ortiz on the beach somewhere and hold hands for awhile now.

Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
    God was just punishing him for bringing a gun to the airport. Lesson well learned by the ghost.
    LMAO E.P.T.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      Berto again? Why?

I would love Guerrero against Ortiz or the Maidana/Lopez winner.
      same here, either opponents is a GREAT fight for Guerrero to take.

Originally posted by turkas View Post
      I'm with you on Alexander, no one at 147 that is signed with gbp deserves it more.

Paulie would probably deserve one if he beats Broner, but he wouldn't be ready by September.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
      What has Alexander done that's deemed "worthy" of fighting Mayweather? His biggest win so far was over Urango at 140. He's since moved up to WW and is coming off a lackluster title win over Bailey. Devon is certainly a talented individual and has a solid record at 25-1 (provided he wins his next fight) but I don't see how he's done anything at Welter that justifies him getting to fight Mayweather. Alexander is way in over his head and it would be a mismatch like Guerrero-Mayweather

as for Malignaggi, a win over Broner would be huge, but same deal as Alexander, in the sense that he'd be way over matched vs Mayweather and the bout would be a complete waste of time.

Honestly I'd be more interested in seeing Alexander-Malignaggi, as it was on the table before, and both seemed interested, plus it would be a unification. But Paulie might not even get by Broner

Comment

any of the mentioned foes, xcept Berto is fine...Berto's has had his time & is , 2 me, not an intriguing match...

Comment

I would like it to be Ortiz or Maidana. I think Lopez gets beat by Maidana and we don't need to see the Ghost vs Berto 2 no need for that rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            LOS ANGELES -- After being soundly outclassed by Floyd Mayweather, many options remain for Robert Guerrero. After-all, a loss to the best fighter in the sport does little to damage the marketability and stock of a fighter.

Guerrero, 30, is now clear of gun charges after pleading guilty on Tuesday and his co-manager Luis DeCubas Jr., says Guerrero (31-2-1, 18 KOs) is already looking forward to his ring return, likely towards the end of the summer or September.
            [Click Here To Read More]
            The fight that should happen is Broner vs Guerrero that is the fight right there and they should do it Sept 14th on Floyd's Undercard and load that card up!!! then they will see 2 mil PPV buys. That would be a fan friendly fight. I don't think Broner has the legs or discipline to move like floyd did.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ406 View Post
              same here, either opponents is a GREAT fight for Guerrero to take.

What has Alexander done that's deemed "worthy" of fighting Mayweather? His biggest win so far was over Urango at 140. He's since moved up to WW and is coming off a lackluster title win over Bailey. Devon is certainly a talented individual and has a solid record at 25-1 (provided he wins his next fight) but I don't see how he's done anything at Welter that justifies him getting to fight Mayweather. Alexander is way in over his head and it would be a mismatch like Guerrero-Mayweather

as for Malignaggi, a win over Broner would be huge, but same deal as Alexander, in the sense that he'd be way over matched vs Mayweather and the bout would be a complete waste of time.

Honestly I'd be more interested in seeing Alexander-Malignaggi, as it was on the table before, and both seemed interested, plus it would be a unification. But Paulie might not even get by Broner
              So who is the MOST deserving of a fight with Mayweather? Just based purely on their body of work, not their popularity. I would say Danny Garcia or Peterson if he beats Matthyse. Of course Tim Bradley as well but he's with TR

Comment

Lopez/Maidana winner vs Berto/Karass winner and the winner of that vs the Ortiz/Guerrero winner

Comment

Originally posted by turkas View Post
                  I'm with you on Alexander, no one at 147 that is signed with gbp deserves it more. Paulie would probably deserve one if he beats Broner, but he wouldn't be ready by September.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                  Mayweather beat Guerrero Ortiz. Alexander is the next best GB WW to fight Mayweather.I hope he gets the fight

Comment

Devon Alexander for Floyd .. are you kidding?

Originally posted by theboxingguru View Post
                    So who is the MOST deserving of a fight with Mayweather? Just based purely on their body of work, not their popularity. I would say Danny Garcia or Peterson if he beats Matthyse. Of course Tim Bradley as well but he's with TR
                    deserving isn't the best logic to use as far as who gets the big money fights. Because it doesn't always work that way.

for example did Mosley or JMM deserve their respective fights with Pacquiao (for Mosley) or Mayweather in JMM's case?

and even using body of work isn't good criteria .. as you prop D. Alexander as deserving, of a crack at Mayweather but don't back up WHY he'd be a good opponent

aside from holding the IBF title, what big wins @ Welter does Alexander have that help hype him up as a legit opponent for Floyd?

right now @ Welterweight, to me nobody really screams out deserving of a fight with Floyd. They're all over matched vs Floyd, and it'll come down to how easy an opponent Floyd wants be it Alexander or whomever (Khan too)

as for Garcia/Peterson ... Garcia because he's undefeated could work and an impressive win this weekend over Lucas certainly ups Peterson's stock

but the problem with either man is they're both smaller men who are very proven at 140, but not so much above that weight.

bottom line: **what does Floyd really gain from beating a 140lb pounder who's more known to hardcore fans?

Comment

Ortiz would be a good fan friendly fight for Guerrero. Berto should work his way back up the ladder.

Comment

Working...
                      X