Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will win 2012 ESPYS Best Fighter Award?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will win 2012 ESPYS Best Fighter Award?

***ESPYS IS ON RIGHT NOW***

EDIT: The poll question was meant to say who SHOULD win the 2012 ESPYS for best fighter?

2012 ESPYS #20 is on Wednesday Jul 11, 9PM ET on ESPN

The nominees for Best Fighter are:

-Andre Ward of Boxing (Winner of Super Six Tournament with win over Carl Froch)

-Floyd Mayweather of Boxing (Solid win over Miguel Cotto)

-Jon Jones of UFC (Solid win over Rashad Evans)

-Anderson Silva of UFC (TKO win over Chael Sonnen)

Past winners staring at '05:

2005 - Bernard Hopkins
    2006 - Oscar De La Hoya
    2007 - Floyd Mayweather
    2008 - Floyd Mayweather
    2009 - Manny Pacquiao
    2010 - Manny Pacquiao
    2011 - Manny Pacquiao
    2012 -

***You can vote here***

http://espn.go.com/espys/voting?vote...wInstruction=y

I think all past winners have been boxers, I hope we can keep it that way but I know a ton of people that will vote for Silva.
    Floyd Mayweather Jr of Boxing
    32.86%
    Anderson Silva of UFC
    11.43%
    Andre Ward of Boxing
    28.57%
    Jon Jones of UFC
    17.14%
    I don't like the nominees
    10.00%
    Last edited by Panginoon; 07-11-2012, 08:49 PM.

my guess mayweather will be the winner.

Comment

Jon Jones has exploded as of late.

Comment

I think Silva is going to win and it should go to him, if not then possibly Jon Jones. I'm not betraying boxing or anything, I just don't like the choices very much. I mean Andre Ward...really? And Floyd Mayweather fighting a shot Cotto and sucker punching Ortiz does nothing for me. And before you call me butthurt because Pacquiao is not nominated this year, that's not the case. He hasn't been looking too spectacular lately despite beating Marquez and Bradley.
        Last edited by Panginoon; 07-10-2012, 03:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
          my guess mayweather will be the winner.
          i think ward is more deserving tho

Comment

None of the UFC wins were impressive, in fact both fights were garbage despite having 2 serious p4p guys

Ward should win it, based off of the fact it was the most dominating W of all the nominees and it capped off an international divisional tournament that he completely demolished, but he wont...the espys r a popularity contest, and noones bested Floyd yet

Comment

I think Ward is more deserving but I think its going to be between Mayweather & J.Jones.

Comment

Gotta go with Ward on this one, but it's pretty close all around. Floyd might win it.

Comment

Ward deserves more than anyone. That's not an opinion either, it's more so of a fact. He completely mopped floor up with the super 6 tournament, dominated every fight with relative ease, was the consensus FOTY 2011.

So, what are you talking about when you say "Ward....Really?" Are YOU serious? Look at that list and tell me who's MORE deserving, not who's more popular, who's more deserving. I really don't see how anyone could make a strong case for anyone else. MAYBE Jon Jones. That's it. People may not like Ward's style, but he's dominated everyone, beaten the cream of the crop with virtual ease, people need to start accepting the facts here.

All that being said, it's unlikely he'll get it, 'cause as another poster pointed out, it's more of a popularity contest. Take a look at the competition Ward faced over a 2 year period, not only was he in extremely tough fight after tough fight, he dominated world class, championship level fighters with ease.

Comment

Ward and it's not even close.

He was the most dominant in his fights compared to the rest.

Comment

Working...
                    X