Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is it possible for froch to go down as the best ever british fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha. he has balls but he doesnt have much technical ability and is very slow. so i say no.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippy View Post
      The best British super middleweight based on resume and achievement? Not even up for dispute. His resume is solid, very solid.
      To suggest Froch is the undisputed best British SMW resume/achievement wise is ridiculous, I'll bite, defend Froch.

Comment

It's possible. but I don't think he can.

If Froch avenge his rematch against Ward... and beat Kessler and go on to beat a top 175 guy+ 2 undefeated 168 fighters.. Sure.. He might trump Lewis.

But overall not right now.

Froch:
        Pascal
        Dirrell
        Taylor
        Johnson
        Bute
        Abraham.

Lewis:
        Bruno
        Tucker
        Mercer
        Ruddock
        Tua
        Grant
        Golota
        those wins pretty much trumps or at least cancels out Froch's wins.

but Lewis also have
        A still elite Holyfield
        and
        Prime Vitali on his resumes.
        +
        Undefeated Marovic who Lewis essentially 'retired'.
        Old Tyson
        Undefeated henry akinwande

Lewis got knocked out once and knocked down once. Avenged both defeats.
        The Rahman one was in brutal fashion.

Froch starting right now have to get wins equal to or greater than
        Vitali-Holyfield-Undefeated henry akinwande and Undefeated Marovic.

I guess Cleverly and Groves can cancel out Marovic and henry akinwande.

But you need someone like Ward and Kessler to cancel out Vitali and Holyfield( and that's stretching it because Holyfield and Vitali are far greater)

Once again it's possible.. but highly unlikely.

Comment

I got tremendous respect for froch. He he beats ward and kessler in a rematch he has to be considered up their.

Comment

man froch can unify '68, '75, and he'd still be second to calslappy in their eyes

Comment

Beat Kessler for starters, then after beating Bute again which is part of a rematch clause that Froch has no control over at this point, beat Andre Ward. At this point, he'd be considered as a top 3 SMW of all time. After he does this, go up to 175 and beat Chad Dawson if he's still Ring champion there, followed by Bernard Hopkins if he beats Cloud and is still "Bernard Hopkins".

If he beats these 4 guys, I don't see how he can't make a case of being the greatest British fighter ever. But I think beating Ward, Dawson or Hopkins is a long shot.

I would still love to see Dirrell vs Froch II.

Comment

I like Carl and respect him a great deal,but the thing holding him back here is that he's quite possibly the single worst fighter to ever step inside of a ring.And the fact that he's such an unpleasant,odious beast outside the ring doesn't help matters.

Gotta give him credit for actually conducting himself as a professional athlete,constantly seeking out the best in his division and,through hard work and dedication,working way up to a world class level and achieving considerable success.And through it all,has remained a humble,grounded,loving family man that stands as a shining example to all of today's youth.

Great guy and a heck of a fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
                  I like Carl and respect him a great deal,but the thing holding him back here is that he's quite possibly the single worst fighter to ever step inside of a ring.And the fact that he's such an unpleasant,odious beast outside the ring doesn't help matters.

Gotta give him credit for actually conducting himself as a professional athlete,constantly seeking out the best in his division and,through hard work and dedication,working way up to a world class level and achieving considerable success.And through it all,has remained a humble,grounded,loving family man that stands as a shining example to all of today's youth.

Great guy and a heck of a fighter.
                  I'm intrigued by how you define odious. As in detestable? I personally don't see it. Froch doesn't talk that much smack; he usually gives credit and respect to his opponents in the pre-fight formalities.

You completely contradict yourself. How can a 'humble, grounded, loving family man' be odious? Back to school for you, I think.

Comment

He will never surpass Lennox Lewis, but If Froch Beats Kessler in a rematch and moves up to 175 and beats Dawson, he would definitely secure himself in history as a British legend and of one of their greatest fighters ever. He has already surpassed Calslappy in my opinion, and beating Kessler and Dawson would just be the icing on the cake.

Comment

As everyone has said nothing but the upmost respect for Froch. No, simply because he has never been the best in his division, utterly outclassed by Ward, and never was a dominate Champ. He will not rank higher than Lennox, Hatton, or Calzaghe. That's just the truth
                      Last edited by Nahshon Israel; 01-07-2013, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X