No announcement yet.

Donaire-Narvaez: Good stay busy fight; Broner-Rees: Not watching

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    I don't know about that bro, Rees looks like he stands with bad form.

My former English professor told me he's 6' tall. I told him straight up "No man, you're bull****ting, you can't be 6 feet tall". He has a hunched form of standing, so he stood up straight and it instantly showed his true height. It doesn't look like he walks too hunched, just a slight hunch made a big difference in his height.
    all i can tell you from having stood close to Gavin is he's a pretty small guy.

i really don't care about the height, though. i think people are talking about it so much just to be wiseasses.

Comment

36 year old 5' 3" Narvaez vs 5' 6" Donaire: Super Flyweight coming up to Batamweight to fight Donaire: Good stay busy fight, Narvaez won't be a walk in the park, former champion at SFLW. - Not even ranked top 10 at BW, where the fight took place.

32 year old 5' 7" Rees, ranked #6 at 135 by The Ring vs 5' 7" Broner: Two Lightweights #1 vs #6: Pointless fight, Rees is a former paper champion, Too short, too small, Do not watch, predictable, bad for boxing.
      Translation. Watch the Mexican fighter, and forget about the Broner types right?

Comment

I don't know about that bro, Rees looks like he stands with bad form.

My former English professor told me he's 6' tall. I told him straight up "No man, you're bull****ting, you can't be 6 feet tall". He has a hunched form of standing, so he stood up straight and it instantly showed his true height. It doesn't look like he walks too hunched, just a slight hunch made a big difference in his height.
        A slight hunch which he doesnt have that makes him 4 inches shorter?

Comment

He is way out of his league. But I don't like how fans don't call a spade a spade just because they dislike the fighter.
          mm. i'm cool with what Broner's doing. he hasn't done anything that suggests to me that he's not interested in fighting guys.
          Last edited by S. Saddler 1310; 02-14-2013, 06:07 PM.

Comment

36 year old 5' 3" Narvaez vs 5' 6" Donaire: Super Flyweight coming up to Batamweight to fight Donaire: Good stay busy fight, Narvaez won't be a walk in the park, former champion at SFLW. - Not even ranked top 10 at BW, where the fight took place.

32 year old 5' 7" Rees, ranked #6 at 135 by The Ring vs 5' 7" Broner: Two Lightweights #1 vs #6: Pointless fight, Rees is a former paper champion, Too short, too small, Do not watch, predictable, bad for boxing.
            come on Kev this is NSB where what you say out of the ring is used as a factor in evaluating your opponent in the ring, depending on who you are. There are also some racial factors at play as well. But its not everyone.

Comment

Who had Narvaez fought at BW? And name his notable wins at SFLW.
              Obviously he has none, he never fought at 118. You dont know anybody he's fought, it doesnt matter who i name, having 25 title defenses is not a fluke. Who are Rees's notable wins at 135?

Comment

If Rees is 5'7, then I'm looking eye to eye with Bringer.

Comment

btw, i do also believe that part of the reason Rees was selected was with a view to cranking up pressure on Warren/Burns. Rees isn't a household name here, but he's a pretty familiar stalwart of the UK domestic scene. beating Rees down raises some Brit-side consciousness of Broner as an adversary to Burns, creates some more demand/interest for that fight on these shores.

also, Broner takes the future option of a Rees fight away from Burns.
                  Last edited by S. Saddler 1310; 02-14-2013, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                    Obviously he has none, he never fought at 118. You dont know anybody he's fought, it doesnt matter who i name, having 25 title defenses is not a fluke. Who are Rees's notable wins at 135?
                    25 title defenses is a fluke depending on who you're facing and how strong is your weight division that you got all of these defenses in. I'm sure you are not impressed with Sven Ottke's, what was it 20-21 title defenses?

Comment

Rees is 5'3

Comment

Working...
                      X