Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does May/Cotto PPV effectively end a chance of the Pac fight happening?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does May/Cotto PPV effectively end a chance of the Pac fight happening?

I don't think there is any chance this fight doesn't do at least 1.5 million buys and probably more. Since this fight will more thank likely pull a good deal more buys than Pac will have ever done and alot more than Pac/Cotto, I wonder what this does for the chances of the fight ever happening. If the fight does 1.5-1.7 buy Floyd is going to be even more sure that he is the bigger draw.

Along with that, Pac might've been better off just taking that 40 mil+, because, with anyone he fights, including JMM, he isn't going to match(probably wont come close) to May/Cotto PPV numbers. Say he fights Bradley, he will be lucky to do 1.1-1.2 million and if he doesn't look very good in the fight(something that I think Floyd will do), he weakens his position even further.

What do you guys think? How much does PPV does each fight do and does this hurt the chances of Pac/May ultimately happening?

while Bradley vs Pacquiao would do Clottey numbers

Comment

50/50 floyd !!!

this *****'s are on damage control 24/7

your hero is a coward

Comment

Actually, I think that this fight doing very well will essentially force Team Pac's hand, unless Mayweather comes with an ultra low offer.

I mean, Pacquaio will have to look at the potential 15-25 million that Cotto will make and know that he could double or triple that and just be upset that it hasn't happened.

If god forbid in Team Pac land that the Bradley fight does less than or similar to the Clottey fight and if Mayweather/Cotto does more than Pac/Cotto. All of their bargaining power would be gone.

I think this Mayweather/Cotto fight ensures that Pac/Marquez IV is done. There is just no way that a Bradley fight will compete with a Cotto fight and allow Pacquaio to save face.

Comment

manny take the test!!!
          if your the best the test!!!!

fast forward a couple years later

take 40 mil manny!!!!

floyd is scared of midgets

Comment

Originally posted by megadeth View Post
            I don't think there is any chance this fight doesn't do at least 1.5 million buys and probably more. Since this fight will more thank likely pull a good deal more buys than Pac will have ever done and alot more than Pac/Cotto, I wonder what this does for the chances of the fight ever happening. If the fight does 1.5-1.7 buy Floyd is going to be even more sure that he is the bigger draw.

Along with that, Pac might've been better off just taking that 40 mil+, because, with anyone he fights, including JMM, he isn't going to match(probably wont come close) to May/Cotto PPV numbers. Say he fights Bradley, he will be lucky to do 1.1-1.2 million and if he doesn't look very good in the fight(something that I think Floyd will do), he weakens his position even further.

What do you guys think? How much does PPV does each fight do and does this hurt the chances of Pac/May ultimately happening?
            You are right it could play out like that. Mayweather needs to bend a little too. He can't make the money he gets from a pac fight with anyone else. Honestly, too many excuses from both sides.

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
              Actually, I think that this fight doing very well will essentially force Team Pac's hand, unless Mayweather comes with an ultra low offer.

I mean, Pacquaio will have to look at the potential 15-25 million that Cotto will make and know that he could double or triple that and just be upset that it hasn't happened.

If god forbid in Team Pac land that the Bradley fight does less than or similar to the Clottey fight and if Mayweather/Cotto does more than Pac/Cotto. All of their bargaining power would be gone.

I think this Mayweather/Cotto fight ensures that Pac/Marquez IV is done. There is just no way that a Bradley fight will compete with a Cotto fight and allow Pacquaio to save face.
              yeah I really don't see how even Arum can sell a Bradley fight guy almost been irrelevant the last 2 years outside and the one big fight he had vs Alexander was a huge disaster

I also believe its going to be Pacquiao vs JMM or maybe even go after Ortiz now but I doubt it

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                yeah I really don't see how even Arum can sell a Bradley fight guy almost been irrelevant the last 2 years outside and the one big fight he had vs Alexander was a huge disaster

I also believe its going to be Pacquiao vs JMM or maybe even go after Ortiz now but I doubt it
                The fact that Alexander was completely undeserving of that fight makes it even worse. I'm all for Pac/Bradley, but only because Bradley won't quit (I think).

Comment

the reason why floyd/pac aint happening is because floyds a coward

Comment

Originally posted by RossCA View Post
                    You are right it could play out like that. Mayweather needs to bend a little too. He can't make the money he gets from a pac fight with anyone else. Honestly, too many excuses from both sides.
                    I agree, he should bend more. But then again, in the fight news interview, he says he has proof he that 40 mil wasn't the only offer, so its hard to tell who is being truthful.

By the way, If I sounded like I was siding with Floyd, that wasn't my intention. I was just sharing how I think it could turn out. And you are right, too many excuses from both sides! Just make the friggen fight!

Comment

Working...
                    X