No announcement yet.

Mosley will face Cintron Feb. 10th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gerardofpr View Post
    Dominated Estrada? Not sure if me and you saw the same fight, I saw a close fight and Estrada turning it on in the end.
    I agree with you, and further let's remember Mosley went the distance with Estrada....after a brutal war Cintron was able to TKO the very same fighter who, very recently, had gone all 12 with Shane.

So, what do we have here? I see a fight which should not garner Mosley too much respect (someone said Cintron was untested when he fought Margarito...who tested him since...the journeymen Estrada...or Suarez? He's the same fighter he was a few fights ago when he took on Margarito...) and a fight in which Mosley can only hope to accomplish more than Margarito did. Because, honestly, if this fight goes all 12- even if Shane wins- Margarito fans will be able to say that a champion at multiple weight classes, a possible hall of fame candidate, could not do what their boy did. Shane was once known for his KO power...so we can't even say this is a boxer/puncher match up. Shane was fast with power...but he had flaws. Cintron is powerful with some ability...but he has flaws, too.

What does this come down to- Mosley, show us you can KO a guy who lasted 5 with Margarito, "The most feared man in boxing" or show us your career is almost over...

Comment

Originally posted by Njord777 View Post
      I agree with you, and further let's remember Mosley went the distance with Estrada....after a brutal war Cintron was able to TKO the very same fighter who, very recently, had gone all 12 with Shane.

So, what do we have here? I see a fight which should not garner Mosley too much respect (someone said Cintron was untested when he fought Margarito...who tested him since...the journeymen Estrada...or Suarez? He's the same fighter he was a few fights ago when he took on Margarito...) and a fight in which Mosley can only hope to accomplish more than Margarito did. Because, honestly, if this fight goes all 12- even if Shane wins- Margarito fans will be able to say that a champion at multiple weight classes, a possible hall of fame candidate, could not do what their boy did. Shane was once known for his KO power...so we can't even say this is a boxer/puncher match up. Shane was fast with power...but he had flaws. Cintron is powerful with some ability...but he has flaws, too.

What does this come down to- Mosley, show us you can KO a guy who lasted 5 with Margarito, "The most feared man in boxing" or show us your career is almost over...
      Fair points Njord, good k for you...

Comment

Working...
      X