No announcement yet.

Mega Million winner refuses to share

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    There was something similar to this that happened in Texas I think it was and the man was forced to pay out by the courts. I expect the same thing to happen in this case because she won't be able to prove if the money they pooled with, bought or didn't buy the winning ticket.

Greedy ass hoe.
    why can't she prove it?

was she the one in charge of holding all the tickets?

usually it's one person who buys all the tickets and makes copies for everyone else.

if everyone just bought their tickets on their own..... that's their own stupidity for having a stupid way of handling a lotto pool.

Comment

I'm sure everyone in that pool also bought their own tix as well.

Comment

There was something similar to this that happened in Texas I think it was and the man was forced to pay out by the courts. I expect the same thing to happen in this case because she won't be able to prove if the money they pooled with, bought or didn't buy the winning ticket.

Greedy ass hoe.
        Actually it's easy to prove. The tickets all cost a certain amount and if the group tickets are all accounted for then it's obvious if she bought an extra ticket with her own money or not. Also she doesn't have to prove that she bought her own ticket, possession of the ticket is implied ownership. Her coworkers have to prove that she bought that ticket with their money. So unless they have proof that they gave her money for more tickets than she came back with or they signed the back of the ticket then they are ****ed. But I agree that she is greedy, and if it were me I'd throw them a bone. But she doesn't owe them nothing if the ticket is really hers.

Comment

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
          I'm sure everyone in that pool also bought their own tix as well.
          exactly.

when it's big prize like that everyone joins the pool (no one wants to be the sucker that gets left out just in case) AND buys their own tickets.

Comment

Well I don't know if they signed the tickets or not. If that's the case then I guess it will be much easier but if she just took money and bought bulk tickets, then decided to buy her own ticket and won with that one, I think it's going to be hard to prove that the pooled money wasn't used to buy that ticket.

I'm not sure of the details to be honest, I just remembered the one man that was made to pay out.

Comment

Well I don't know if they signed the tickets or not. If that's the case then I guess it will be much easier but if she just took money and bought bulk tickets, then decided to buy her own ticket and won with that one, I think it's going to be hard to prove that the pooled money wasn't used to buy that ticket.

I'm not sure of the details to be honest, I just remembered the one man that was made to pay out.
              When you buy a lotto ticket you should always sign the back of it. Even if you lost your ticket and somebody finds it and tries to cash it you can prove that it is yours because of your signature on the back. There are plenty of cases where the co-workers sued and got nothing as well. The burden of proof always goes to the accuser.

Comment

Another moron on the fast track to ruin. She went and bragged to her coworkers instead of quietly and anonymously quitting. As for her going off and buying a ticket herself (it was confirmed early on it was a single easy pick), she owes them nothing. None of the tickets they bought for the pool were winners, so they wouldn't have won anything, period.

Comment

I don't blame her one bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
                    When you buy a lotto ticket you should always sign the back of it. Even if you lost your ticket and somebody finds it and tries to cash it you can prove that it is yours because of your signature on the back. There are plenty of cases where the co-workers sued and got nothing as well. The burden of proof always goes to the accuser.
                    Nice to know, I didn't know that because I don't play the lotto.

Comment

Not only is she greedy she's also very stupid. She already admitted to being part of the pool and to being the one that bought the tickets. She has no proof that those tickets were not part of the pool and she's going to have to pay them all their fair share plus attorney fees.
                      Last edited by BMWM3P; 04-02-2012, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X