Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gegard Mousasi/Paulo Ely Filho feud heating up!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gegard Mousasi/Paulo Ely Filho feud heating up!

For those of you who dont know, there is a nice little beef brewing up between former WEC Middleweight champion Paulo Ely Filho and former Dream middleweight champ/current SF LHW Champion Gegard Mousasi.

Ely started the beef in an interview with Brazilian website Tatame.com

When asked if he would come back to the US cuz of the Dream Strikeforce partnership, Ely responded by saying he wants to fight at 205 and he wants mousasi.

He said a fight with him would be different from the Babalu fight because of Ely's strength and ground game and he talked about how they were in the Pride Grand Prix but couldnt fight because Akihiro Gono beat Gegard.

It seemed to me he was mad over how quickly Gegard beat Babalu and a sense of brazilian pride is making him want to avenge the loss babalu had.

Gegard Mousasi fired back with more scathing comments. on fighters.com Mousasi in a video interview said he was real annoyed by the comments because he met Ely in Japan and thot he was a nice guy. He went on to say Ely is on steriods calling him a lil donkey who thinks he's a racehorse now because he's back on the roids.

He also says Manhoef almost knocked him out and that he won't fight Ely in Japan because he knows he would be on riods. He also says when Filho came to the US he got his a$$ kicked and says unlike most of the fighters who looked good in japan but looked bad in the US, he looked good on both and isnt on anything.

He says he will fight Filho anywhere where there is an athletic commision.

This is a pretty nice feud that most will dismiss because they feel Mousasi will kill Filho. Although im on of the very few that think Ely would beat Gegard I wont fault fans for thinking Gegard would steamroll him because he is on a nice lil streak and Filho has not fought at 205.

Let the war begin

Paulo is a drug addict!

Comment

Originally posted by Palma View Post
      Paulo is a drug addict!
      yes he is and he gonna take mousasi arm with him

Comment

Sorry. But Filho beating a one dimensional striker doesn't mean he's ready for Mousasi who, IMO, is a top 10 LHW.

Filho sucks.

Mousasi by anything he wants

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderlei_Silva View Post
          Sorry. But Filho beating a one dimensional striker doesn't mean he's ready for Mousasi who, IMO, is a top 10 LHW.

Filho sucks.

Mousasi by anything he wants
          Mousasi beating a one dimentional glass chinned grappler doesnt make him a top ten LHW especially when Babalu got knocked out cold by Jason Lambert (who?)

Mousasi has skills and could be a top ten LHW but unlike Fedor, I think Mousasi has to fight in the UFC to prove that he is a top ten LHW because who the hell is a top LHW outside the UFC anyway aside from maybe Arona whos been inactive for two years

Gegard could definately beat Filho, hes got undeniable skills but I think Filho can beat him too

Comment

Originally posted by Dice View Post
            Mousasi beating a one dimentional glass chinned grappler doesnt make him a top ten LHW especially when Babalu got knocked out cold by Jason Lambert (who?)

Mousasi has skills and could be a top ten LHW but unlike Fedor, I think Mousasi has to fight in the UFC to prove that he is a top ten LHW because who the hell is a top LHW outside the UFC anyway aside from maybe Arona whos been inactive for two years

Gegard could definately beat Filho, hes got undeniable skills but I think Filho can beat him too
            Sobral was a ranked LHW when he fought Gegard. Regardless of when he got ko'd by Lambert.

Jacare couldn't beat Gegard what makes you think Paulo can take his arm?

Comment

Sobral was a ranked LHW when he fought Gegard. Regardless of when he got ko'd by Lambert.

Jacare couldn't beat Gegard what makes you think Paulo can take his arm?
              Filho's got an iron chin and a consistent armbar, which mousasi has fell too twice. To get hit flush repeatedly by Melvin Manhoef and still get up and take him down means you've got chin and some strength.

Mousasi is taller tho and much more well rounded and has a better resume at 185

Comment

Former PRIDE and WEC fighter Paulo Filho has fired back in what looks set to be a war of words with Strikeforce light-heavyweight champion Gegard Mousasi, saying he would beat him up easily.

Filho, who feels confident after his victory over striker Melvin Manhoef at DREAM 10, made the comments in response to Mousasi alleging this week that he uses steroids. Mousasi had in turn made that comment in response to an earlier remark from Filho, who said he would not need a purse to fight Mousasi because “he is well-trained but can’t beat me”.

In the latest instalment of this fast-developing soap opera, Filho has angrily denied taking any prohibited substances.

“I didn’t take any steroid. How could I have taken steroids before losing 9 kilos?” he asked rhetorically, before blaming Mousasi for the feud between them.

“It’s his fault. He wants to talk, but the truth is he is afraid. He watched me in the past and I also watched him. He didn’t change his game too much. He’s the same: paper-thin and just put on some weight,“ Filho fumed to Terra.com.br today

“And it’s clear he doesn’t respect the opponent because he always has this ‘superior’ look on his face. He’s in good momentum right now but the Brazilian light-heavyweights are able to beat him up - and I’m one of them.”

Filho believes the grudge will inevitably be settled in the cage or ring in the near future, since DREAM and Strikeforce keep a close relationship with each other. Strikeforce are also known to be very impressed with Filho’s latest performance versus Manhoef.

“The fight isn’t signed yet but it will happen. DREAM and Strikeforce have connection. Wherever he wants to face me off, we’ll fight. Be sure we will put on this challenge,” Filho predicts.

The former Brazilian Top Team fighter believes his jiu-jitsu would make the difference versus Mousasi. He says he would smash his adversary onto the floor and in the standing phase, would not give him the space for strikes.

“Depending on the position I will punish him on the ground. All fights end up clinched and he falls easily. I’ll use my jiu-jitsu base to annul his game.”

Of course, we have seen another jiu-jitsu star having no success versus Mousasi, during the DREAM grand prix finals in 2008. On that occasion Ronaldo Jacaré (‘Alligator’ in English) tried a super-man punch and was hit by Mousasi’s foot on the face.

“Jacaré was winning that fight, beating him up, but he made a mistake trying that super-man fly over Mousasi. Actually Mousasi Should not be credited with that hit. Jacare basically landed on his foot. He just defended himself. If they fight one more time Ronaldo will surely take him”.

New article on his response

Comment

Well since Filho barely got past Alex Shonauer who didn't even make TUF 1 Semi Finals, how do you see him beating Gegard again?

LOL

Comment

Well since Filho barely got past Alex Shonauer who didn't even make TUF 1 Semi Finals, how do you see him beating Gegard again?

LOL
                    Mr. Silva you got me, Filho looked terrible and I def feel he does not belong at 205. I will say he has the tools to beat Mousasi but if its at 205 Filhos gonna be in some trouble.

Green K for not cursing at me and acting like a child, respect

Comment

Working...
                    X