No announcement yet.

Who has the better Resume?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
    It was the IBF ranking. Roy was probably less experience that Hopkins.
    I don't think this is true. Hopkins had several more pro fights but you have to remember Roy Jones had a great amateur career and fought at the highest possible stage, even fighting in the Olympics while Bernard was serving his time in prison. Granted there was a boxing program in prison, but the skill level just isn't the same (I'm sure that's were hopkins learned his toughness, etc. though).

Hopkins just feasted on blown up light-middles and welters when RJJ was moving up through the weights to heavy beating some great fighters along the way and putting on some great shows.
    ok I see your agenda here.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      I actually might favour Mayweather on this one.
      How is that even possible.

40 year old Mosley?

career 40 pound Hatton?

I mean, lets get real here.

Comment

floyd mayweather has a better resume than roy jones by a **** hair right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bastian Loc View Post
          How is that even possible.

40 year old Mosley?

career 40 pound Hatton?

I mean, lets get real here.
          it's possible because roy got blasted out by dudes in his weight class. he also fought more bums over his career.

they both avoided many challenges in their respective weight classes, floyd moreso

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
            I don't think this is true. Hopkins had several more pro fights but you have to remember Roy Jones had a great amateur career and fought at the highest possible stage, even fighting in the Olympics while Bernard was serving his time in prison. Granted there was a boxing program in prison, but the skill level just isn't the same (I'm sure that's were hopkins learned his toughness, etc. though).

ok I see your agenda here.
            Joan Guzman...

He "could of", "should of", "was", "maybe", "would have".

Comment

Yall musta forgot about roy jones

Roy by a stretch

Comment

So Hopkins at 28 is not even close to his prime then.

Are we sure Hopkins is 46?

Comment

This is close but I gotta give it to Roy. He did something no one else could since 1897. Floyd cant say that. Roy getting ko'd hurts but Sugar Ray Robinson, Joe Louis, many atg have been ko'd. Danny Green's is still suspect to me, but it happened, and nothing has come of avail lately so we shall see. Funny thing is, those that have beat him, Ive heard many, close to all saying in Roy's best it wouldn't have been close. But, that's not an argument. All in all, both are atg's but I hold Roy a little higher, with as little personal bias as I can

Comment

Originally posted by lyonheart View Post
                    This is close but I gotta give it to Roy. He did something no one else could since 1897. Floyd cant say that. Roy getting ko'd hurts but Sugar Ray Robinson, Joe Louis, many atg have been ko'd. Danny Green's is still suspect to me, but it happened, and nothing has come of avail lately so we shall see. Funny thing is, those that have beat him, Ive heard many, close to all saying in Roy's best it wouldn't have been close. But, that's not an argument. All in all, both are atg's but I hold Roy a little higher, with as little personal bias as I can
                    Most greats will go out like Roy. What happened to a shot version doesn't affect his legacy to me.

Comment

Originally posted by IdNod4u2 View Post
                      Joan Guzman...

He "could of", "should of", "was", "maybe", "would have".
                      What?
                      ________

Comment

Working...
                      X