No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto Warns That It's Catch-Weight or NO Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
    You are absolutely right. Cotto is #4 behind Mayweather, Pacquaio and Klithscko as far as revenue generated and he has paid his dues and earned his right to dictate terms.

What people on this site who DKSAB don't realize is that all boxers at that level act like divas and make outrageous demands. Mayweather does it. Klithscko does it. Pacquaio does it. Oscar did it. Tyson did it. Holyfield did it. Even Roy Jones did it. The only person who has gotten any criticism for it has been Mayweather.

Now, Cotto is starting to get some criticism because Golovkin and Alvarez worshippers on this site think he will get KO'd by Golovkin or Alvarez (who they mistakenly believe has enough clout and generates enough revenue to dictate terms to Cotto) if Cotto gets in the ring with them and they think Cotto is avoiding him. These are the same know-nothings who thought that Pacquaio would KO Mayweather. and that Matthysse would KO Garcia.
    I see Canelo as being just as big a draw as Cotto, if not more.. Cotto has PR sure but Alvarez has Mexico. Second highest grossing fight of all time was With Canelo in it, not Cotto.

Comment

• Jesus what a disgrace Cotto has turned into, the lineal middleweight champion won't fight at middleweight. I don't know how anyone can support this.

Comment

• Originally posted by budfr View Post
        Cotto became mentally handicapped after the beating Margarito gave him,
        Handicapped just like stoolio chavez jr and catchweight princess canela.

Comment

• Originally posted by ea22 View Post
          Jesus what a disgrace Cotto has turned into, the lineal middleweight champion won't fight at middleweight. I don't know how anyone can support this.
          Middleweight is 155-160...

Comment

• Originally posted by KnickTillDeaTh View Post
            Curious, are you saying Pac wasnt a welterweight? Because Pac fought De La Hoya at welterweight which got Pac the #1 Challenger position to Cotto's title. Im all for writing history, but to re-write it is disingenuous at best.
            It was at 145 in a fight at Oscar's behest, Oscar hadn't fought at welterweight for some 5 years or so. So even if we're looking at the catchweight in this one, Oscar was the one who wanted to fight a lightweight, a good little fighter, fighting a good big fighter at a weight in between, completely legitimate.

How does that, in any way, relate to the Cotto fight? Pacquiao, prior to the Cotto fight was the champion at 140, having just annihilated Hatton, the lineal champ. Now he was moving up to fight a champion at 147. None of what I've said is re-writing history, it's plain facts and very different to two fighters, champions in the same division, fighting at a bs weight limit.

Comment

• If a fighter can't make a certain weight he has no business fighting in that division. Especially if he's supposed to be the "champion" at that weight class! The only exception is if a smaller fighter is willing to give up the size advantage to take on someone in said division. Cotto is my dude, but he has no business holding that belt hostage. He's such a diva sometimes.

Comment

• A rule across the board for all boxing organizations should state that catch-weight fights are not permitted for TITLE fights. Of course, common sense in boxing doesn't mean *****.

Cotto has 2-3 fights left. None of which will be GGG. Canelo would be his last. In the interim, more of these CW BS fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Syf View Post
                  I see Canelo as being just as big a draw as Cotto, if not more.. Cotto has PR sure but Alvarez has Mexico. Second highest grossing fight of all time was With Canelo in it, not Cotto.
                  Yes, but that's mostly because at the time Alvarez was undefeated and was touted as the guy to take away the zero and become the new star. Cotto didn't have that same flair behind him for his fight. It's an unfair comparison.

I do agree that right now though they are equals.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Presidente View Post
                    A rule across the board for all boxing organizations should state that catch-weight fights are not permitted for TITLE fights. Of course, common sense in boxing doesn't mean *****.

Cotto has 2-3 fights left. None of which will be GGG. Canelo would be his last. In the interim, more of these CW BS fights.
                    Kind of shows you how weak the orgs really are.

They can try to put their foot down but their eyes are only on the dollars they get.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lords View Post
                      Middleweight is 155-160...
                      Remember, these guys have lead poisoning for decades now. They won't comprehend much.

Comment

Working...
                      X