Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After Cotto wins his 4th division title is he locked for the HOF?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IST-ra-GLEr2 View Post
    One of the best active fighters today.

At his prime scared the hell out of you know who.

Fought almost everyone that is anyone in boxing right now.

What you think?
    Already a lock for HOF imo but beating THE MAN at 160 would make him a certified ATG.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      Already a lock for HOF imo but beating THE MAN at 160 would make him a certified ATG.

beating martinez in 2014 definitely won't make miguel cotto an ATG.

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
        That's why HE made him come in at 145, when Cotto wasn't the same after that beating with brass knuckles he took from that other scumbag.
        way to try to change history, you really are pathetic lol

cotto, "lets make this fair, you are a 140 fighter, lets fight at 145"

pac, "ok"

turn to 2013

floyd- "I fight guys at their best weight and will defend by 147 or 154 belt against anyone"

canelo "I challenge you for your 154 belt"

floyd, "you said in 2010, you think you can barely make 152 but want me, the fight now happens at 152 in 2014"

canelo " cement your legacy and fight me at my best at 154"

FLOYD "152 or not fight" (later admits it was done to drain canelo in showtime as does his dad)

boxing world ".............."

you floy stans have nothing to stand on, constant ducking and hypocrisy has reduced you tards to make up history, so pathetic but I can understand why you would sink so low.

Comment

Originally posted by IST-ra-GLEr2 View Post
          One of the best active fighters today.

At his prime scared the hell out of you know who.

Fought almost everyone that is anyone in boxing right now.

What you think?
          If you think he beat Martinez than you need you head examined

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            beating martinez in 2014 definitely won't make miguel cotto an ATG.
            Why not? Until proven otherwise, Martinez is the best middleweight on the planet. If Cotto, a man standing at 5'7'', who started his career at 140 and is considered a small light-middleweight, was to beat the best middleweight champion since Hopkins and man, who in far fewer defences has already got a resume almost on par with the great Bhop, would definitely be considered an ATG.

Why wouldn't he be?

Comment

Cotto belongs in the BHOF with his current resume. After his victory over Sergio he will solidify his legacy. Haters will not give him credit on a victory over Martinez, yet, their blood will boil with envy!

War Cotto! Future HOF'er!

Comment

His resume and accomplishments as is are enough to get him into the HOF, easily. It's a no brainer really. A win over Martinez just solidifies him as one of the greatest of our generation, and of course, up there with Trinidad in PR boxing history.

Comment

cotto is already a HOF, this only changes his status as the more acomplished for puerto ricans...

Comment

If he wins, he deserves to IMO.

If he loses, unfortunately he still makes it. The IBHOF isn't very prestigious and doesn't have high standards at all. Popularity and a mediocre resume gets you in, which is what Cotto has. His best wins IMO are Malignaggi, Judah and Quintana. I thought Clottey beat him and the Mosley fight was a draw.

Doesn't matter that he fought Margarito, Pacquiao, Mayweather, Trout, they all beat him.

If Cotto loses to Martinez but still makes it, Vargas should get in too. Vargas losing to Trinidad, Mosley, Mayorga, and De La Hoya but controversially beating Winky and beating Ike Quartey, Campas, Rivera and Raul Marquez beats Cotto's resume, should Cotto lose to Martinez.

Comment

most definitely....

Comment

Working...
                      X