Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fight purses from the last year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something is wrong here when guys like Berto makes more money than a legend like Bernard Hopkins who only got 750k for his fight.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
      Something is wrong here when guys like Berto makes more money than a legend like Bernard Hopkins who only got 750k for his fight.
      Hopkins was coming off a loss and Cloud isn't really known. But I agree.

The biggest thing that stands out is Chad Dawson vs Ward. Dumb on so many levels! Dawson drops down a weight class, takes half the money Ward gets and for what? Chad "Bad decision" Dawson.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
        Berto is one of the most over hyped fighters in recent memory..I still don't get why this dude makes bank I guess Haymond?? It's all I got..

Comment

Bradley making bank..Wonder how much him and Marquez see making for their fight..

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
            Hopkins was coming off a loss and Cloud isn't really known. But I agree.

The biggest thing that stands out is Chad Dawson vs Ward. Dumb on so many levels! Dawson drops down a weight class, takes half the money Ward gets and for what? Chad "Bad decision" Dawson.
            To be honest it doesn't matter if Hopkins loss to Dawson didn't Berto come off a loss or two?, he is still a bigger name than Berto who gets paid over a million with only 5 fans who happen to be his family in attendance, Hopkins fighting for 750k is sad for a guy of B hops level. Hopkins really wasn't lying when he said he isn't fighting for money. I thought he was getting at least 2-3 million a fight.

Dawson is a head scratcher he makes horrible decisions and points fingers, very immature irresponsible person.

Comment

B-Hop has ownership of the company so i think he's doing fine money wise plus it's about who you fight also. Thats why Floyds gurantee is bigger for Canelo than for Guerrero.

Comment

B Hop should finish his career with Al Haymon. Al will get him what he deserves plus some.

Comment

Mayweather and Klitschko are making serious $$$, goddayum. Bradley made big money and Ruslan made him earn every dollar. Nice to see LM and LP get respectable pay-days. Berto getting 7-figure salaries while Josesito makes 200k and Mares makes 375k
                  Last edited by kiaba360; 06-26-2013, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Purses are dictated MORE by what the network offers the promoter for the rights to show the fight vs. the person's name.

Hopkins "may" be a bigger name but Hopkins is not a huge draw if he's not matched with the right opponent. Don't believe me? Look at the how poorly Hopkins vs Dawson I in L A drew. They had the audacity to put that on PPV.

Lastly, don't you all think Al Haymon has had PLENTY opportunities to sign Hopkins if he wanted Hopkins?

Comment

Where is Khan the cash cow numbers at??

Comment

Working...
                      X