No announcement yet.

Pac/Marquez weight issues. 140/147lb

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
    The difference is Floyd is physically a real WW and Pac isn't, him and JMM are roughly the same size so no one is at an advantage or disadvantage really.
    I disagree. Marquez is a lightweight at best.

They may come in similar weights on the night but Pacquiao is clearly the bigger man. Hatton may have weighed more than Mayweather on the night, but Floyd was clearly bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
      did we give Mayweather credit for beating Marquez at 147? I mean, I certainly didnt.

Marquez would be jumping two weight classes to fight at a weight where he is 0-1.
      Marquez looked slow and out of shape at the weight.

neither of them supposedly weigh 147 naturally. so make it at 140. or else I wont give much credit to Pacquiao for the win.
      Theres a big difference in size between Pac and Floyd

Floyd Weighed in at 146 trying to make 144 and Pac weighed in at 144 at a 150 pound catchweight

But like i said, only reason People make it out as more competitive at 140 is if Pac comes in Drained and weakened

Comment

Also if Manny blows Marquez out, which is what will happen, it will prove one outta two things

1. Manny was weight drained in the first fight

or

2. Manny has improved and Marquez simply isn't on his level.

Comment

did we give Mayweather credit for beating Marquez at 147? I mean, I certainly didnt.

Marquez would be jumping two weight classes to fight at a weight where he is 0-1.
          Marquez looked slow and out of shape at the weight.

neither of them supposedly weigh 147 naturally. so make it at 140. or else I wont give much credit to Pacquiao for the win.
          Manny gets nothing from me when it comes to this fight.

however it will do 3 things

1. prove whether or not Manny has improved or just a product of good match making

2. Shut up and retire that crybaby Marquez

3. Silence those who claim Manny is ducking him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            I disagree. Marquez is a lightweight at best.

They may come in similar weights on the night but Pacquiao is clearly the bigger man. Hatton may have weighed more than Mayweather on the night, but Floyd was clearly bigger.
            Well how exactly is Pac physically not just a LW who is overachieving?

He and Pac were the same size when they fought the 2nd time, maybe Pac slightly larger and I don't see either of them as bigger or smaller now.

Comment

The difference is Floyd is physically a real WW and Pac isn't, him and JMM are roughly the same size so no one is at an advantage or disadvantage really.
              thats just make believe crap.

fact is: Pacquiao is currently a Welterweight. If he really is Marquez's size, then go ****ing fight at 135lbs, or at least 140lbs, and not force Marquez to balloon up 12lbs.

a Welterweight version of Marquez is nothing special. he has done NOTHING at WW. he hasnt even won a round at WW. and as much as people like to sugar coat it, that is the version of Marquez that Pacquiao would be fighting.

Comment

Well how exactly is Pac physically not just a LW who is overachieving?

He and Pac were the same size when they fought the 2nd time, maybe Pac slightly larger and I don't see either of them as bigger or smaller now.
                Pacquiao has a bigger frame and can carry the weight better. He has better attributes to move up in weight. Speed, power, movement. Marquez's style is not suitable to jump up through weights.

Comment

Different notes, same song. Whether at 135, 140, or 147 I think the outcome is still going to be the same, Pacquiao is going to knock him out. In either case JMM shouldn't have to worry about being vastly outweighed in this fight like he was against the PBF one. Pacquiao should be his usual 146-148, and I expect JMM to come in near the same weight range.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    Pacquiao has a bigger frame and can carry the weight better. He has better attributes to move up in weight. Speed, power, movement. Marquez's style is not suitable to jump up through weights.
                    That doesn't mean they are not roughly the same size just because Pac's style and attributes are more conducive to success at higher weight classes.

What would be the problem if they didn't have a weight class and just came as they were? would anyone be at a physical disadvantage really?

Comment

thats just make believe crap.

fact is: Pacquiao is currently a Welterweight. If he really is Marquez's size, then go ****ing fight at 135lbs, or at least 140lbs, and not force Marquez to balloon up 12lbs.

a Welterweight version of Marquez is nothing special. he has done NOTHING at WW. he hasnt even won a round at WW. and as much as people like to sugar coat it, that is the version of Marquez that Pacquiao would be fighting.
                      He is campaigning at WW but that doesn't make him the same size as all of his competitors, are you denying that they are both very close in size? closer even than Pac is to most WWs?

If Pac dominates him it will be because he has improved, JMM is getting older, or a combination of both, not weight.

Comment

Working...
                      X