Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JMM's counter-punching useless against Floyd, but effective against Pacquiao. LOOK!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jay Em Em View Post
    The only thing that neutralized JMM was putting on 20 pounds more than he's used to and Floyd being so much bigger.
    How did floyd weighing more than JMM dictate the outcome of the fight more than the fact that floyd is leagues better techinally, 5x faster and on a defense level JMM hasnt come close to seeing?

The extra weight would have only benefitted floyd 2 ways, more power and more resilance to JMM punches.

JMM wasnt knocked out so obviously PBF wasnt so big and strong he couldnt hang with him.

JMM also didnt and a single meaningfull punch the entire fight. So you cant say PBF was so big he couldnt hurt him.

Comment

Originally posted by MIP4P1 View Post

As you can clearly see, Floyd's reach and cat-like reflexes neutralized the counter-punching ability of Marquez.

Pacquiao was not able to reach Marquez with his jab or his left, so he was easily countered and punished.

Mayweather will be able to counter Pacquiao even more effectively since he's a superior counter-puncher, and due to his superior reflexes and reach advantage he will never be within the range of any of Pacquiao's punches.

Marquez out-landed Pacquiao in both fights, but was only able to land 12% of his punches against Mayweather.
      JMM wasn't countering in the first gif, he led with a jab.

Mayweather wasn't leading in their fight not properly, when he moved forward he wasn't throwing punches and when he throw punches going forward they were one at a time like the lead right hand or his leaping left hook then he'd move away anticipating a counter punch.

Pacquiao moves forward and throws a large volume of punches offering lots of countering oppotunities, he focuses on offense, Mayweather focuses on defence.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
        Floyd makes everyone not look like we are used to seeing them. Almost makes you lose respect for them, I never wanted to see JMM look like this.
        Well, Juan wanted to get the big check.

When you think about it, who else could he have fought for $4 mill plus (which is his likely final tally)?

In essence, he took a minor beating for a nice annuity.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalion View Post
          How did floyd weighing more than JMM dictate the outcome of the fight more than the fact that floyd is leagues better techinally, 5x faster and on a defense level JMM hasnt come close to seeing?

The extra weight would have only benefitted floyd 2 ways, more power and more resilance to JMM punches.

JMM wasnt knocked out so obviously PBF wasnt so big and strong he couldnt hang with him.

JMM also didnt and a single meaningfull punch the entire fight. So you cant say PBF was so big he couldnt hurt him.
          so name the disadvantages and make sure your analyzing the fight properly:

disadvantages for JMM:

weight
          speed
          old
          counter vs counter > good vs great
          reach
          defense
          offense

advantages for JMM:

heart
          determination
          ^sometimes that isn't enough

if your going to pick a fight that the fighter has no ADVANTAGES. you just watched it. both great fighters but obviously someone had too many disadvantages.

mayweather was impressive. even though i hate the assnut and had those many advantages. i still think MOSLEY, COTTO and PAC will give him a run for his "MONEY" and one if not two will be able to beat him.

Comment

Do you really believe him weighing 148 is anything near his prime weight?

JMM at his weights is untouchable.

This fight was a bull**** physical mismatch. I'd like to see how many rounds Floyd could take off Bernard Hopkins sometime.

But Floyd would never do what JMM did. Thats why JMM is respected and Floyd isn't.
            JMM was 141 in the Pac rematch, more or around there in his subsequent fights. Come on. FLoyd has been outweighed by more. What's untouchable at JMM? He's been dropped many times.

Floyd's a better fighter all around. At 130 he still beats him

Comment

The weight was everything. JMM didn't get k.o'd or hurt because he's that good.

But offensively the added weight took all of JMM's speed, stamina and technique away.

And yes he did, he landed some very nice flush punches on Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by MIP4P1 View Post

As you can clearly see, Floyd's reach and cat-like reflexes neutralized the counter-punching ability of Marquez.

Pacquiao was not able to reach Marquez with his jab or his left, so he was easily countered and punished.

Mayweather will be able to counter Pacquiao even more effectively since he's a superior counter-puncher, and due to his superior reflexes and reach advantage he will never be within the range of any of Pacquiao's punches.

Marquez out-landed Pacquiao in both fights, but was only able to land 12% of his punches against Mayweather.
                To be fair, I get what your saying... but Pacquiao has improved a lot since then, but if they do fight I still think the defense and counter punching of Floyd would be the key part to the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by nj_evoixgsr View Post
                  so name the disadvantages and make sure your analyzing the fight properly:

disadvantages for JMM:

weight
                  speed
                  old
                  counter vs counter > good vs great
                  reach
                  defense
                  offense

advantages for JMM:

heart
                  determination
                  ^sometimes that isn't enough

if your going to pick a fight that the fighter has no ADVANTAGES. you just watched it. both great fighters but obviously someone had too many disadvantages.

mayweather was impressive. even though i hate the assnut and had those many advantages. i still think MOSLEY, COTTO and PAC will give him a run for his "MONEY" and one if not two will be able to beat him.
                  When you were watching the fight what stood out the most. To me it was one guy was way to fast and slick for the other. It wasnt like a Wlad or Vlad fight where they use thier size advantage and jab thier opponent into oblivion while he struggles to get close enough to land a punch. But thats how people are making it seem.

Comment

The weight was everything. JMM didn't get k.o'd or hurt because he's that good.

But offensively the added weight took all of JMM's speed, stamina and technique away.

And yes he did, he landed some very nice flush punches on Floyd.
                    You my friend are delusional.

Comment

You my friend are delusional.
                      Kal,

How much did Marquez weigh on saturday night? 148

Look at what he weighed when he fought Pac almost 2 years ago: 141

A whopping 7 pouns in 2 years.

Comment

Working...
                      X