Are both of Lucas Matthysses losses legit or controversial

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
    lol watch him whoop Peterson then get robbed
    Na bro, Lucas is fudging with the big homie now. (Al Haymon)

Comment

Matthysse won both fights clearly.

Comment

In my opinion he clearly won both fights. As far as I am concerned he is an undefeated fighter. I am not saying his losses were bad robberies but I thought he won both of them by several points. The Judah fight was closer than the Alexander fight but he won both fights.

Comment

I thought he won both. I thought the rounds were clearer in the Alexander fight. The Judah bout had a number of close rounds, but I gave most of those to Mathysse. I thought he was edging out with his body punching.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
            IMO Lucas is 1-1 in this topic..
            Which one did you score against him Rome?

Comment

1n1 also.....lost against Judah n super robbed against Alexander.....Alexander had to try n survive n it was in his home town...

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
                robbed, especially in the judah fight.....HBO has made people believe that jabs at the air are better than straight rights to the gut for some reason....Alexander at least had a showy style for a lot of rounds and was active(still shouldve been a mathysse win though)....
                This is exactly how i see it.

Everyone always says how Judah 'dominated' the early rounds but i really dont see it that way. He did better early than he did late no doubt but there were quite a few rounds that imo were Matthysse rounds early on due to effective body punching and Judah not doing anything significant.

Comment

i think he definitely won the alexander fight, the judah fight i could see goin either way, but is scored it for lucas by a point...

Comment

I had Lucas winning both. I feel the Alexander fight was easy to score and if I recall right there was only one swing round the rest was all clear cut (I had Lucas winning 96-93)

I had the Judah fight slightly wider but the rounds were closer. I guess that fight comes down to do you prefer Judahs movement & jabbing (many fell short & was landing on gloves) or did you prefer Lucas's aggression & his cleaner, harder punching to head & body? Plus he scored a knockdown.

Apart from an uppercut in round 3 and a couple of straight lefts, Judah literally fu.ck all but the jab and even then most was falling short.

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
                      robbed, especially in the judah fight.....HBO has made people believe that jabs at the air are better than straight rights to the gut for some reason....Alexander at least had a showy style for a lot of rounds and was active(still shouldve been a mathysse win though)....
                      Agree with this. Judah's air jabs were regarded as more significant than Matthysse's solid body shots in that fight. Zab barely landed a notable clean shot in some of the rounds that were given to him.

I think Matthysse learned the value of aggression in those two fights though. He was too tactical against Alexander and Judah to make it impossible for the judges to give rounds against them. He was winning most of the rounds but he wasn't making it really clear that he was doing so.

Had he gotten a fair shake it would still have been enough, but with the judges giving credit for air jabs and grunting he needed those really eye catching shots to ensure he got the rounds.

Comment

Working...
                      X