No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin vs Fuchigami Early Results From Brovari

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golovkin vs Fuchigami Early Results From Brovari

Ice Palace "Terminal", Brovari, Ukraine - Junior middleweight Dmytro Nikulin (24-1, 8 KOs) won an eight round unanimous decision over George Ungiadze (18-13, 8 KOs). The scores were 77-76, 78-74 and 79-74.

[Click Here To Read More]

Shumenov ruined Uzelkov

Comment

Hopefully Golovkin fights somebody good next
      Last edited by giacomino; 05-12-2012, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by giacomino View Post
        Hopefully Golovkin fights somebody good next
        Giacomino, I'll take an opportunity to answer to your original message, as I'm one of the authors of the article. It's indeed mentioned in the article that many recognized Zaurbek as a chump. It has never been written that authors share the same opinion.

Those who saw Baysangurov's fights against Rubio, Dzhuman, Gontsa and some other fighters agree he looked to be one of the rising stars of Euro boxing. He failed to live up to his stellar potential but he did have strong wins. I cannot see him much lower than Bundrage or Trout. I consider him a top-10 to top-15 LMW at the time which makes him a fringe incomer of the elite class in my opinion. That's surely arguable...

Comment

Originally posted by GStalker View Post
          Giacomino, I'll take an opportunity to answer to your original message, as I'm one of the authors of the article. It's indeed mentioned in the article that many recognized Zaurbek as a chump. It has never been written that authors share the same opinion.

Those who saw Baysangurov's fights against Rubio, Dzhuman, Gontsa and some other fighters agree he looked to be one of the rising stars of Euro boxing. He failed to live up to his stellar potential but he did have strong wins. I cannot see him much lower than Bundrage or Trout. I consider him a top-10 to top-15 LMW at the time which makes him a fringe incomer of the elite class in my opinion. That's surely arguable...
          Thanks for your response. I deleted my original post because I didn't see this particular fight and generally don't like to comment if I didn't see the performance. However, his opponent was not considered top 20 at this stage in his career. Baysangurov was handed the title by being allowed to fight the glass-chinned, padded old man Miranda for the title. IMO, he is a paper champion until he figts somebody. He may be better than Trout or Bundrage. I just don't know because, with few exceptions, his competition hasn't been much. Beating this particular opponent doesn't tell me all that much, other than that he can overcome an opponent who gives him a good fight, which is great. Hopefully he gets to prove he's legit in his next fight against a top 20 guy

Comment

I like Golovkin but he seriously needs to step up his opposition. Getting all too distasteful picking bum after bum.

Comment

Fuchigami showed plenty off heart last night but not much else.Gennady though did what a good fighter should do and destroyed him ruthlessly.Slighty dissapointed Baysangurov had it tough with Soro who was better then i expected but he grounded it out and won

Comment

Originally posted by giacomino View Post
                Thanks for your response. I deleted my original post because I didn't see this particular fight and generally don't like to comment if I didn't see the performance. However, his opponent was not considered top 20 at this stage in his career. Baysangurov was handed the title by being allowed to fight the glass-chinned, padded old man Miranda for the title. IMO, he is a paper champion until he figts somebody. He may be better than Trout or Bundrage. I just don't know because, with few exceptions, his competition hasn't been much. Beating this particular opponent doesn't tell me all that much, other than that he can overcome an opponent who gives him a good fight, which is great. Hopefully he gets to prove he's legit in his next fight against a top 20 guy
                I agree with Stalker's assesment of Baysangurov but he has to fight Lukas Konecny next and i don't see him winning that fight. I would be suprised to see Baysangurov go the distance actually.

As for the card yesterday Baysangurov vs Soro was one of the most entertaining fights seen in a while.
                Last edited by Khmelnytsky; 05-13-2012, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Golovkin is a beast, a problem for everyone in the division including sergio. Not saying he beats sergio but those low hands and golovkins patience could create serious trouble if they ever meet.

Golovkin is being dodged by way too many euro's. It's time he sets up shop in the U.S. Sturm, pirog, n'dam all want no part of gennady and all would be stopped. Sturm easy. Pirog in a war and n'dam as soon as he figures out that awkward style.

War Golovkin................

Comment

Working...
                  X