Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arum says they have a back up date for Marquez-Bradley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only an idiot would go head to head with PPVs they'll both lose money, but GBP putting on a decent non-ppv card wont lose them too much and will hurt top ranks PPV sales.

Comment

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
      Canelo-Cotto on regular showtime with Omar Figueroa on the undercard would do huge damage to a Bradley-Marquez PPV a huge gate makes it possible, I'm thinking it will be Khan-Mayweather with Canelo in a easy match.
      Mayweather isn't fighting Khan, this is like the 2nd or 3rd time I've read this from you. He'll fight Alexander, Garcia, or the Lamont/Lucas winner before Khan. Khan lost to Garcia and Peterson, and Alexander at the least holds a title at 147 and has a couple decent wins there.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        Mayweather isn't fighting Khan, this is like the 2nd or 3rd time I've read this from you. He'll fight Alexander, Garcia, or the Lamont/Lucas winner before Khan. Khan lost to Garcia and Peterson, and Alexander at the least holds a title at 147 and has a couple decent wins there.
        Yes too soon after Khan losing, if Khan beats someone decent and wins a title there's a good chance of it happening.

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
          If its Canelo/Cotto, I still think he'd move. That's good business

Unless he puts JMM/Bradley on WCB, but that won't pay JMM what he wants.

I also don't see Mayweather fighting in September...when was the last time dude fought 2x a year?
          He might still move, but the only signed fight at the moment is Marquez-Bradley for Sept 14th unless Floyd wants it, and Floyd hasn't even gotten past May 4th yet. So again, as the first to sign a fight for that date, I doubt Arum is gonna move cause Schaefer decides to fill the date in eventually. The only thing that could make one or the other move is that there can't be two boxing ppvs on the same date, I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
            Yes too soon after Khan losing, if Khan beats someone decent and wins a title there's a good chance of it happening.
            Khan, like Berto, had his shot.....twice. Not happening unless either guy goes on a serious run with some good wins in a row.

If Khan were to beat Garcia and/or the Lucas/Peterson winner, than go to 147 and beat someone like Guerrero, Ortiz, Thurman, Maidana....it could happen.

Comment

Marquez vs Bradley can not compete with Canelo vs Cotto.

Hell Marquez vs Bradley would have trouble selling by it self, let alone going H2H with a fight of that magnitude, Canelo vs Cotto, PR vs Mexico. With Canelo's rising popularity and Cotto being in a combined 3.8Million PPV's against Margarito 2x, Pacquiao and Mayweather. GBP has the upper hand here.

Comment

Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
                He might still move, but the only signed fight at the moment is Marquez-Bradley for Sept 14th unless Floyd wants it, and Floyd hasn't even gotten past May 4th yet. So again, as the first to sign a fight for that date, I doubt Arum is gonna move cause Schaefer decides to fill the date in eventually. The only thing that could make one or the other move is that there can't be two boxing ppvs on the same date, I believe.
                Never heard of that...so it'd be interesting what side gives

I don't think GBP can put Canelo/Cotto on free-to-sub Showtime, factoring in the guarantee that both fighters will demand. TR can't put JMM on WCB because he wants to be paid like he's jesus, so only PPV can get some of that.

Some side has to give, and I suppose it all depends on Mayweather and what he wants to do. For all that **** Arum talks, there really is no doubt that he respects Floyd the most.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Marquez vs Bradley can not compete with Canelo vs Cotto.

Hell Marquez vs Bradley would have trouble selling by it self, let alone going H2H with a fight of that magnitude, Canelo vs Cotto, PR vs Mexico. With Canelo's rising popularity and Cotto being in a combined 3.8Million PPV's against Margarito 2x, Pacquiao and Mayweather. GBP has the upper hand here.
                  It is a big fight, but Cotto's coming off a loss to a guy Canelo just beat on regular showtime. Where's the logic in that? Fight the winner on regular showtime, fight the loser on ppv? It'll sell, don't get me wrong, but as a matchup it just doesn't compare to Marquez-Bradley. I'll admit however, for the wrong reasons, it would draw the bigger audience, unless Marquez is bigger than I suspect. Eh, it's all too early to say anyhow, we'll have a better idea of things after May 4th.

Comment

Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
                    It is a big fight, but Cotto's coming off a loss to a guy Canelo just beat on regular showtime. Where's the logic in that? Fight the winner on regular showtime, fight the loser on ppv? It'll sell, don't get me wrong, but as a matchup it just doesn't compare to Marquez-Bradley. I'll admit however, for the wrong reasons, it would draw the bigger audience, unless Marquez is bigger than I suspect. Eh, it's all too early to say anyhow, we'll have a better idea of things after May 4th.
                    Of course....perhaps Cotto will opt for something else, as will Canelo. Canelo could always fight the Lara/Angulo winner in Texas or California on regular showtime.

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
                      Never heard of that...so it'd be interesting what side gives

I don't think GBP can put Canelo/Cotto on free-to-sub Showtime, factoring in the guarantee that both fighters will demand. TR can't put JMM on WCB because he wants to be paid like he's jesus, so only PPV can get some of that.

Some side has to give, and I suppose it all depends on Mayweather and what he wants to do. For all that **** Arum talks, there really is no doubt that he respects Floyd the most.
                      Floyd to the rescue, lol. Keeping the peace in boxing

Comment

Working...
                      X