Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Vitali hadn't quit against Byrd, would Vitali be as great as he is today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Vitali hadn't quit against Byrd, would Vitali be as great as he is today?

I don't think so, I believe he saved himself from a serious injury. I also think he should thank god that they stopped the lewis fight because even if he had stopped lewis it could have cost him his vision.
    Yes, he'd still be great
    50.00%
    No, it was a smart decision for him to quit because of that injury
    50.00%

His body needed a rest.

Boxing training and then fighting is no joke.

Comment

He would be greater.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
        He would be greater.
        You say risking a serious injury that could ruin the rest of his career would make him greater.

Comment

Originally posted by starkiller View Post
          You say risking a serious injury that could ruin the rest of his career would make him greater.
          Indeed. And the risk of a "serious injury" was rather low against a Chris Byrd, who was hopelessly behind on points. The injury Vitali suffered was surely painful and could have been aggravated had he over-exerted himself, but he wouldn't have been the first boxer to fight through that injury.

Comment

I don't think so, I believe he saved himself from a serious injury. I also think he should thank god that they stopped the lewis fight because even if he had stopped lewis it could have cost him his vision.
            Vitali is full of ****.

He was not injured severly in that fight. The reason he quit was because he couldnt land his 1 dimensional overhand right. Notice he hasnt fought a fighter with above average speed since.

The wittle crybaby didnt want to get embarassed by a midget so he quit.

Comment

Danny Williams dislocated his shoulder and still KTFO the other motha ****er..

Anyway i think he could have fended off Byrd for the last few rounds, but i don't consider it a real negative vs his career.

Comment

it's fairly well known amongst GENUINE BOXING AFFICIANDOS, that it would not have cost him his vision, being a superficial, although ugly looking tear.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyZagz View Post
                  Vitali is full of ****.

He was not injured severly in that fight. The reason he quit was because he couldnt land his 1 dimensional overhand right. Notice he hasnt fought a fighter with above average speed since.

The wittle crybaby didnt want to get embarassed by a midget so he quit.
                  He's fought Gomez and Chambers

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                    He's fought Gomez and Chambers
                    wlad fought chambers not vit, anyways even an aging corrie sanders had speed

Comment

Working...
                    X