No announcement yet.

The EU referendum - UK Votes to Leave!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rorymac View Post
    Why do I have more in common with the electorate in Sunderland than Madrid? Based on the way it went last night, I don't feel I do.

The referendum was based on feeling rather than facts. Leave voters ignored the economic implications, ignored the fact that the government can't actually do much about immigration, ignored the fact that immigrants in the UK are not the reason there is strain on public services, ignored the fact that their own constituencies receive large amounts of EU money.

The right wing media has sold the working class a lie, and they will be the ones to suffer. It happened before when they voted for cuts, and it'll happen again.
    We don't really care if it hurts us a little financially, that is the whole point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
      We don't really care if it hurts us a little financially, that is the whole point.
      Clearly. But many Leave voters will be hit hard by the financial implications.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        The brits have nukes and can potentially start WW3 as well.
        Your point here being?

Comment

• Obama: 'special relationship will endure'

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...remain-britain

Comment

• Originally posted by rorymac View Post
            Why do I have more in common with the electorate in Sunderland than Madrid? Based on the way it went last night, I don't feel I do.

The referendum was based on feeling rather than facts. Leave voters ignored the economic implications, ignored the fact that the government can't actually do much about immigration, ignored the fact that immigrants in the UK are not the reason there is strain on public services, ignored the fact that their own constituencies receive large amounts of EU money.

The right wing media has sold the working class a lie, and they will be the ones to suffer. It happened before when they voted for cuts, and it'll happen again.
            This right here. Summed it to an absolute T.

Most Exiter's I've encountered some of them friends, used language of 'giving it to the system, helping the poor, regaining control, sending them a message'.

You are in the system, we all are, and you just made it poorer because you were too stubborn to consider experts advice.

Comment

• Dow Jones down 500 points. Nasdaq down. British pound down 11%.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                Dow Jones down 500 points. Nasdaq down. British pound down 11%.
                and life will go on.

its going to get bumpy in the beginning but in the end the brits will be better for it.

the UK has the 5th largest economy in the world.

they will survive this early stage Y2K fear mongering from the likes of you.

stick to sucking off floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
                  and life will go on.

its going to get bumpy in the beginning but in the end the brits will be better for it.

the UK has the 5th largest economy in the world.

they will survive this early stage Y2K fear mongering from the likes of you.

stick to sucking off floyd.
                  Who is fear mongering? What I posted are facts. We don't know the full effect this decision will have on that economy.

I get that you just want to stop Muslims migration but this vote appears to have far reaching consequences that are beginning to filter down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                    Obama: 'special relationship will endure'

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...remain-britain
                    I've got a lot of respect for Obama, but when he came over and did that scare mongering I did think it made him look like a dick splash.

Comment

• Britain hasn't actually extricated itself from the EU yet.

It could take years couldn't it?

This article 50 which I am sure nobody in the world knew about until a few hours ago is yet to activated. And Cameron has explicitly said there are no plans to do so at this time and he has been backed by Boris.

The markets as usual have been impacted by people having a gamble.

Comment

Working...
                      X