Who wins Cotto vs Lemieux at 160

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current (old) Cotto would still win

Comment

Cotto's chin doesn't get enough credit. Its always accumulated punishment that stops him. I don't see one punch from Lemieux stopping him either. Cotto is older but not shot yet. He'd box and beat Lemieux

Comment

I'll go with Lemieux. His handspeed + power + height + reach advantage makes up for his lack of superb technical skill. I think he's too big for Cotto and would win.

Comment

Cotto beat Canelo, who's a hard puncher himself. What makes anyone think Lemieux would do any better?

Comment

Lemieux is currently the hardest hitting single punch middleweight and has an 83% KO ratio against bigger guys than Cotto. It's lights out for Miguel.

People really underrate Lemieux. Apart from knocking people out left and right he beat N'Dam on points which is nothing to sniff at.

Comment

Have you checked out Cotto's resume? He has the best resume in boxing. One thing Lemieux is not winning is a resume battle. That's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Shrap View Post
                Lemieux is currently the hardest hitting single punch middleweight and has an 83% KO ratio against bigger guys than Cotto. It's lights out for Miguel.

People really underrate Lemieux. Apart from knocking people out left and right he beat N'Dam on points which is nothing to sniff at.
                Cotto stopped Geale....Who has Lemieux stopped?

Comment

Lemieux. I don't think it would be an easy fight since Lemieux leaves himself open a lot but lets be real, Cotto's "comeback" never happened. He fought a disabled guy and a traumatized leftover then cashed in against Canelo. He's not a good middleweight and doesn't belong there.

Comment

I think Cotto would win via decision. Too skilled for Lemieux. Having said that I can't see Cotto taking the fight at 160

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
                      Cotto stopped Geale....Who has Lemieux stopped?
                      Only 31 of his 34 wins.

Geale? Since when is Geale the gauge of a chin? He was destroyed by Golovkin before he got to Cotto. Let's not forget the shape he was in for the Cotto fight either:

He was a zombie.

Comment

Working...
                      X