ESPN-Odlanier Solis has sustained serious knee injuries

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frogs! View Post
    vitali is a great fighter.

but to think that that glancing blow scrambled solis' brain and caused him to act the way he did is just over-the-top fanboyism.
    I'm glad to see that some people are in the minority with me.

I've watched that "KO" sequence many times in slo-mo, freeze-framing it on several occasions. There's no way to convince me that blow had enough on it to disorient Solis. It appears that Solis's leg(s) might've displayed injury as he backed up after the tap to his head.

Whatever really happened, Solis embarrassed himself. He was fighting well, then took a bizarre turn into irrelevance.

Comment

Has he damaged both legs? Because his left leg does slide on the canvas and looks like it twists at and awkward angle when he tries to regain his balance, before Vitali landed the grazing punch.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        I'm glad to see that some people are in the minority with me.

I've watched that "KO" sequence many times in slo-mo, freeze-framing it on several occasions. There's no way to convince me that blow had enough on it to disorient Solis. It appears that Solis's leg(s) might've displayed injury as he backed up after the tap to his head.

Whatever really happened, Solis embarrassed himself. He was fighting well, then took a bizarre turn into irrelevance.
        you could see his front leg slipping/giving out BEFORE vitali 'hit' him with that right.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          At first i thought it was a stunning KO, Then i saw the replay and the punch was landed with mininum power so i thought Solis was chinny. But if he has done this injury then maybe it would spur him on to take this sport seriously and cut himself down to the lower 210s.
          In real time, and from certain angles, it looked like Vitali landed a stunner. In slow motion, from Vitali's perspective, it becomes plain that the blow didn't land with any authority. It didn't even hit Solis in the temple region, as many are claiming. Vit's pinky knuckle caught Solis near the very top of his head.

I expected Klitschko to win, but the eventual outcome was dissatisfying to say the least. It's made worse by the fact that Solis looked pretty good in there. Vitali might've killed him in the very next round, we'll never know. But, that's the point, a silly finish robbed us of potentially good fight.

Comment

EXCUSES EXCUSES EXCUSES. The clit boys only fight bums and this cuban was certainly that. Having no heart was his main problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Blobby View Post
              Has he damaged both legs? Because his left leg does slide on the canvas and looks like it twists at and awkward angle when he tries to regain his balance, before Vitali landed the grazing punch.

exactly....

Comment

yes, which leg is giving out in this gif image? if its that left leg thats sliding out and bending at the ankle...thats not the one he grabs when he's on the canvas

Comment

In real time, and from certain angles, it looked like Vitali landed a stunner. In slow motion, from Vitali's perspective, it becomes plain that the blow didn't land with any authority. It didn't even hit Solis in the temple region, as many are claiming. Vit's pinky knuckle caught Solis near the very top of his head.

I expected Klitschko to win, but the eventual outcome was dissatisfying to say the least. It's made worse by the fact that Solis looked pretty good in there. Vitali might've killed him in the very next round, we'll never know. But, that's the point, a silly finish robbed us of potentially good fight.
                  if vitali can scramble one's brain with a punch without any leverage, then shannon briggs' head must be wrapped in steel.

Comment

Originally posted by Frogs! View Post
                    you could see his front leg slipping/giving out BEFORE vitali 'hit' him with that right.
                    Yes, but that's his left leg that slips. Solis was clutching his right leg after he went down.

Sequence of events: Solis charges Klitschko, throwing several punches that don't land. Solis's left leg appears to slide before Klitschko lands a grazing punch to the top of his head. Solis's left leg again appears unsteady as he backs up from Vitali's counter. Solis goes down and clutches his right leg in apparent discomfort.

Comment

Yes, but that's his left leg that slips. Solis was clutching his right leg after he went down.

Sequence of events: Solis charges Klitschko, throwing several punches that don't land. Solis's left leg appears to slide before Klitschko lands a grazing punch to the top of his head. Solis's left leg again appears unsteady as he backs up from Vitali's counter. Solis goes down and clutches his right leg in apparent discomfort.
                      it has to be the weight that he was able to or lack thereof on his right leg that caused that left leg to slide like that.

similar to stepping on a pavement that turned out to be lower on the ground than you expected.

Comment

Working...
                      X