No announcement yet.

Adamek should replace Hatton's photo on boxingscene's main page

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ~Tunney View Post
    It was the way Hatton lost, Chase. He was blown out by a fighter moving up to his weight division, he looked terrible.

Adamek has done more than Dawson in the past year, but Dawson perhaps should replace De La Hoya or Hatton.
    Haye has done more then Adamek.

Comment

Marquez Hopkins need to be up there
      Adamek is a sick fighter but I don't know about him being up there, I wouldn't place him in that 'elite' list

Comment

Originally posted by ~Tunney View Post
        It was the way Hatton lost, Chase. He was blown out by a fighter moving up to his weight division, he looked terrible.

Adamek has done more than Dawson in the past year, but Dawson perhaps should replace De La Hoya or Hatton.
        Well, as for the Hatton loss, yea it was dissappointing but as he alluded to, it was better to get blasted out on one perfect shot than to be dominated over the duration. Hatton got caught by a 1 in a thousand shots. Manny doesn't always land that punch. It's hard to argue that Hatton did come in guns blazing and got wiped out for it but it's worth mentioning that he did get hands on Manny despite getting layed out. I remember a few good head and body shots that it was obvious Manny felt. Hatton was completely destroyed with the ending shot but made a decent second round out of the fight. He was still getting caught but was active and didn't seem a world apart as the first round had indicated.
        I remember thinking about a combination Manny threw just before the KO and Hatton blocked most of the onslaught and then blocked a hard left hand at the end even though he sent back from it. I was thinking, ' okay, good, he was able to pick off that exceptionally fast combination and that left, so he may get something done since Oscar wasn't able to do that all night '. I was wrong, but my point was that Hatton really may have made a fight of it had he not got caught so hard for that KO.
        People are harder on him than neccesary in my opinion. There have been allot of guys who have been knocked out before and still made good careers. A star like Hatton should be given the benefit of the doubt. After all, there's not allot of guys who attract a crowd like that and boxing fans should be happy he's around rather than burning him at the stake and telling him to go away because he only lost to the best fighters in the world. Hell, allot of people think he was beating Floyd halfway though their fight. That's impressive. That's just silly pushing Hatton out when he is so good for boxing. We need him and allot of people are too blind to see that.

Dawson has beat more recognized/acomplished competition over the last year and has a win over Adamek. No way Adamek deserves a spot before him. I don't think anyone besides you would dissagree about that.

Comment

Working...
        X