Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury: British Public Might be Brainwashed By a P*ssy Like Hearn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
    Fury has admitted in this article and others that he's in it for the money. Joshua is the money man. Fury needs to earn his shot for a payday. He's trying to ride Joshua's coattails for a big payday. He's the lineal champ but needs Joshua for a big payday
    Poor trolling effort.

Comment

Originally posted by lefthooklead View Post
      Whether you like Fury or not, he's had a much more difficult boxing career (amateur included) and hasn't been gifted anything. Throughout his career he's fought guys with many different styles to get him a good education, got English, Irish, British, European titles, fought 3 eliminators, and THEN beat the main man to win the belts. But, he's a 'gypo' and he says whatever is on his mind so all of his achievements are belittled and downplayed.

Fury's best opponent prior to Klitschko was Derek Chisora. One of those eliminators was against a guy Joshua almost bludgeoned to death. You compare where Joshua is right now with where Fury was at a similar point in his career and it's no comparison. One guy has destroyed everything in his path while the other lost to John McDermott and ducked David Price.

And LOL @ Fury having a more difficult amateur career? Are you seriously taking the piss? You're comparing a guy who never went beyond ABA level to a guy who was competing at world class level within three years of taking up boxing? Just stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Ham Porter View Post
        Fury's best opponent prior to Klitschko was Derek Chisora. One of those eliminators was against a guy Joshua almost bludgeoned to death. You compare where Joshua is right now with where Fury was at a similar point in his career and it's no comparison. One guy has destroyed everything in his path while the other lost to John McDermott and ducked David Price.

And LOL @ Fury having a more difficult amateur career? Are you seriously taking the piss? You're comparing a guy who never went beyond ABA level to a guy who was competing at world class level within three years of taking up boxing? Just stop.
        I am not talking about the opponents, I am talking about the process he has had to go through and the opportunities that were provided - big difference.

Compare where Joshua was at 21 where Fury was at 21 and it's no comparison either. Fury fought for the British title in 2011, Joshua still hasn't fought a guy who can move his legs. His best win is against Dillian Whyte who had no shoulder and no fitness and still nearly knocked him out.

As I said, I like AJ, and I enjoy watching him fight, but please pull your tongue out of his arse.

Comment

Fury fought fighters who turned up to win. Joshua has fought guys turning up for paydays. If you think the Kevin Johnson that Fury fought was the same Kevin Johnson that AJ knocked out, you don't have a clue.

When Fury was an amateur, he was competing for places with David Price who at the time looked the real deal. AJ had nobody on that level so was fast tracked. I suppose you think that Joshua should've won the gold medal as well.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            This is a great point. If Klitschko had beaten Fury, both Joshua & Wilder would have avoided Klitschko like the plague.

I like those guys, but they have a lot to thank Fury for. He was the guy who not only begged for the Klitschko fight for years, but also had the balls to go in there and mess him up.
            Might I add that before Joshua beat him people felt Martin was all that, but once Joshua does the business they call him a bum. So, as far as Joshua is concerned it is a remarkable accomplishment, whether Charles is good or not shouldn't take away from Anthony's achievement at the stage of his career he is in, so credit where its due.

Only problem is Joshua being over hyped when there already is THE CHAMP in Britain.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
              Might I add that before Joshua beat him people felt Martin was all that, but once Joshua does the business they call him a bum. So, as far as Joshua is concerned it is a remarkable accomplishment, whether Charles is good or not shouldn't take away from Anthony's achievement at the stage of his career he is in, so credit where its due.

Only problem is Joshua being over hyped when there already is THE CHAMP in Britain.
              Luckily I said from the beginning that Martin was crap

Yup.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                Fury is the man who beat the man. The one true king of the heavyweights.
                Fury said Klitschko was washed-up, old and slow before they fought and we all know Fury is 'real' and says what he thinks unlike the 'fake' AJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post

No one said Martin was 'all that' apart from some blatant trolls and AJ critics. Most people didn't know how good he was because he'd never fought anyone decent besides Glazkov. There were rumours that he might be better than he looked and a few comparisons to Tony Thompson, who also failed the eye test but tended to be better than the sum of his obvious parts, but mostly no onw knew what to expect from him.

We still don't know that much about him apart from the fact that he isn't anywhere near Joshua's level. Still, he might actually not be as bad as Joshua made him look. I'll be interested to see how he fares against other, more known, heavyweights like Jennings or Chisora before I call him a bum.

Comment

Originally posted by lefthooklead View Post
                    I am not talking about the opponents, I am talking about the process he has had to go through and the opportunities that were provided - big difference.

Compare where Joshua was at 21 where Fury was at 21 and it's no comparison either. Fury fought for the British title in 2011, Joshua still hasn't fought a guy who can move his legs. His best win is against Dillian Whyte who had no shoulder and no fitness and still nearly knocked him out.

As I said, I like AJ, and I enjoy watching him fight, but please pull your tongue out of his arse.

You're right, there is no comparison: when Joshua was 21, he was competing in the world amateur championships and barely losing out on a gold medal. When Fury was 21, he was losing to John McDermott and going life and death with him in a rematch.

Don't throw a pissy fit because someone called you out on your bull**** narrative. Fury never had any tough road in route to a title shot. He completely bottled it when he vacated his belts to duck David Price four years ago. He ain't no fighting man.

Originally posted by denium View Post
                    Fury fought fighters who turned up to win. Joshua has fought guys turning up for paydays. If you think the Kevin Johnson that Fury fought was the same Kevin Johnson that AJ knocked out, you don't have a clue.

When Fury was an amateur, he was competing for places with David Price who at the time looked the real deal. AJ had nobody on that level so was fast tracked. I suppose you think that Joshua should've won the gold medal as well.

Yeah, because Kevin Johnson clearly showed up to win against Fury, didn't he? And the only real difference between the two is that Johnson was finally fighting a guy who he couldn't bull**** and coast his way through a fight with.

Comment

Yeah, because Kevin Johnson clearly showed up to win against Fury, didn't he? And the only real difference between the two is that Johnson was finally fighting a guy who he couldn't bull**** and coast his way through a fight with.
                      Of course he turned up to win. At the time he'd only lost to Vitali and a win over Fury would have got him right back in the mix, it was viewed as a close fight. By the time Joshua got to him, Johnson was firmly in the can category and people weren't asking if Joshua could win, they were asking if Joshua could knock him out.

Comment

Working...
                      X