worst heavyweight champion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
    Ill go with Valuev as well!

One of the reasons for this choice is that Valuev, a very nice guy, intelligent as well, had giagantism (sp?). This condition predisposes him to physical weakness and a lack of coordination. While I respect his ability to overcome this condition, it speaks to the idea that an infirmity of this nature would predispose him to being a poor physical specimen... His boxing skills were ok, but not exceptional...he was physically weaker than the average individual....compensated for, ironickly enough, with his physical largeness/giagantism condition, and he fought weak opposition.
    Problem is, you never got hit in the head by Valuev, a friend of mine has and it wasn't pleasant. My buddy, Bob Mirovic was set up here, he thought he was going to fight Hoffman and that was because at that time they couldn't get Valuev fights because nearly all the guys were scared of him. Bob was not an all time great I grant you but he was a pretty good fighter just the same, he went the distance with Valuev despite being rocked to his core a few times and Bob said that his skills were actually better than they looked on film. There have certainly been a few orse than him... I chose John Ruiz as my worst ever. From what I have read Marvin Hart was a whole lot better than people today realise, back in those days most fighters had good defensive skills, very few have any these days.

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
      Problem is, you never got hit in the head by Valuev, a friend of mine has and it wasn't pleasant. My buddy, Bob Mirovic was set up here, he thought he was going to fight Hoffman and that was because at that time they couldn't get Valuev fights because nearly all the guys were scared of him. Bob was not an all time great I grant you but he was a pretty good fighter just the same, he went the distance with Valuev despite being rocked to his core a few times and Bob said that his skills were actually better than they looked on film. There have certainly been a few orse than him... I chose John Ruiz as my worst ever. From what I have read Marvin Hart was a whole lot better than people today realise, back in those days most fighters had good defensive skills, very few have any these days.
      Sound good to me.

Comment

Sound good to me.
        LOL... hey did you read the interview I did with Bob Mirovitch ?, it's a fascinating insight to the inner workings of professional boxing and of a fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
          LOL... hey did you read the interview I did with Bob Mirovitch ?, it's a fascinating insight to the inner workings of professional boxing and of a fighter.
          what thread is it in McGoorty? Would love to read it.

Comment

what thread is it in McGoorty? Would love to read it.
            http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=702441

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
              Personally my vote goes to Shannon Briggs. Not so much based on his skill set which looked impressive against second rate fighters, but because he should have never even just ave gotten the decision over an ancient George Foreman to begin with.
              That isn't good pick at all! You kidding?

Comment

Some names there don't belong!

Comment

I still say it is easily Tyson Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfBoxing View Post
                    That isn't good pick at all! You kidding?
                    Thats ok, you're not a very alt.

Comment

James Walter Braddock should not be on that list smh

Comment

Working...
                      X