Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bernstein: Golovkin Clearly Beats Canelo, Can't Imagine Him Losing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    The biggest fight brewing for 2016 is still far from a done deal. If the stars fall in line, then Saul "Canelo" Alvarez will defend the WBC middleweight title against WBA/IBO/IBF champion Gennady "GGG" Golovkin in the fall.

[Click Here To Read More]
    Disagree with Bernstein.

Canelo is more skilled than Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by REYESdelBOXEO View Post
      GGG has to grow a pair of balls or walk down "the yellow brick road" and ask the wizard of OZ to give him a heart before he agrees to fight at 155.

We've never seen GGG fight an elite fighter , so we can't say he's knocked out a great fighter yet. GGG don't have one punch KO power , the last three guys he fought were his best opponents(bums) and he got a tko over them. CANELO'S KO''s over Kirkland & Baldomir were far superior/spectacular then all GGG's knockouts combined.

Canelo an elite fighter. .lol plz. ..Canelo an A side fighter not an A level fighter..ones 3G vs Canelo happens ..GGG will still have not fought or beat an elite fighter. .ur confusing a name fighter with being an elite fighter. .only elite fighter 3G can fight is Ward or Kovalev..having a name doesn't make u elite..just make u an A side..ex..Ward vs Canelo..Ward not a name..but Canelo is..is Canelo better than Ward bc he has a name..no. .

Comment

Originally posted by doninlouisiana View Post
        Bernstein has seen it all in his day, I think he knows a thing or two about
        the sport. It amazes me how every so called expert in boxing says this Golovkin kid is special but the haters don't see it. Same thing with Floyd, Pacquiao, and the list goes on. I knew the first time I saw this guy he was going to be a problem for any MW in the game. We have no idea how good he is, because everyone in the division avoids him.

Then you are in no position to make categorical statements about him.

I agree that Golovkin would be favored over Canelo.

Comment

a.k.a KING$ofBOXING

Originally posted by spanishboxing View Post
          Canelo an elite fighter. .lol plz. ..Canelo an A side fighter not an A level fighter..ones 3G vs Canelo happens ..GGG will still have not fought or beat an elite fighter. .ur confusing a name fighter with being an elite fighter. .only elite fighter 3G can fight is Ward or Kovalev..having a name doesn't make u elite..just make u an A side..ex..Ward vs Canelo..Ward not a name..but Canelo is..is Canelo better than Ward bc he has a name..no. .
          Your argument started off taking a loss by saying CANELO is not elite. At least you agree GGG has not faced an elite fighter yet, not like other GGG fans that just rather avoid that question answer all together. I'm not confusing anything , you seem confused. CANELO is an elite fighter that happens to be the A side vs GGG, but he hasn't always been the A side. Yes to me Ward and Kovalev are both elite. You can be a name and also be elite , by your standard Mayweather, Pacquiao, Cotto are not elite either because their a big name. To further debunk your argument , name me 5 elite fighters that don't have a name, that nobody knows. Don't be blinded by your hatred for CANELO. So what's your criteria for naming a fighter elite ?

-Floyd Mayweather Jr. Quote just a few days ago : "see Canelo , I call a spade a spade , Canelo , that motherf@cker can fight , he's one of the best fighters in the game."
          - so tell me Floyd Mayweather doesn't know about Boxing and who is an elite fighter? I'll take his word over yours anyday.
          Last edited by REYESdelBOXEO; 01-27-2016, 07:42 AM.

Comment

the only thing I don't agree with is that bernstein said canelo isn't a big mw...the guy is a natural middleweight mostly fighting smaller fighters (kirkland, trout and angulo being the exception)

Comment

Disagree with Bernstein.

Canelo is entertaining but he rarely fights an opponent his own size. GGG demolishes guys his own size and he has a decent array of skills.....GGG beats Canelo if they ever meet with out a CW.

Comment

Originally posted by firstborn View Post
                Canelo is entertaining but he rarely fights an opponent his own size. GGG demolishes guys his own size and he has a decent array of skills.....GGG beats Canelo if they ever meet with out a CW.

You could be right, it wouldn't surprise me..... but I still think that Canelo seems to be more skilled than Golovkin..... as-in, he looks to be a more well-rounded fighter.

And Bernstein forgot to mention one other factor..... Canelo is more experienced and has faced a much higher level of competition.

Canelo beats Golovkin at 155.

Comment

You could be right, it wouldn't surprise me..... but I still think that Canelo seems to be more skilled than Golovkin..... as-in, he looks to be a more well-rounded fighter.

And Bernstein forgot to mention one other factor..... Canelo is more experienced and has faced a much higher level of competition.

Canelo beats Golovkin at 155
                  I agree, the CW is the game changer. I don't care what Sanchez claims, GGG will have a hard time performing at 155lb. If it were easy for him to drop below 160lb he would have done it on a consistent basis a while ago to chase Mayweather before he retired.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                    Disagree with Bernstein.

Your right I feel the same way.

Comment

Canelo is "more skilled" at the weigh in scales. That's about it.

Comment

Working...
                      X