No announcement yet.

Richard Schaefer says Habib Allahverdiyev will fight on a Golden Boy card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard Schaefer says Habib Allahverdiyev will fight on a Golden Boy card

Habib Allahverdiyev will likely be defending his WBA light welterweight title on a Golden Boy world title tripleheader in late February or early March. No opponent has been yet named.

"We are the final stages of negotiations. What I can say at this point is the fight will have Habib defending his title." Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer.

http://www.allboxing.ru/archives/2012-12-13_13_29.html

He's an exciting fighter so they are making a wise decision here.

I could see it being Pablo Cesar Cano or maybe even Lucas Matthysse (hopefully that Lundy idea fell through).

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      I could see it being Pablo Cesar Cano or maybe even Lucas Matthysse (hopefully that Lundy idea fell through).
      I hope it's not Matthysse.

I'd like to see Khabib in with Marcus Maidana, Karim Mayfield or Adrien Broner.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
        I hope it's not Matthysse.

I'd like to see Khabib in with Marcus Maidana, Karim Mayfield or Adrien Broner.
        Broner is fighting Abril at 135 it seems, than probably Ricky Burns after Burns has that January warm up I guess.

I read something yesterday that was saying Maidana could be fighting Keith Thurman, they are in talks yet again.

Mayfield would be good, I'd like that. I wouldn't mind seeing Matthysse get that title shot, he deserves it. I could see it being Cano as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          Broner is fighting Abril at 135 it seems, than probably Ricky Burns after Burns has that January warm up I guess.

I read something yesterday that was saying Maidana could be fighting Keith Thurman, they are in talks yet again.

Mayfield would be good, I'd like that. I wouldn't mind seeing Matthysse get that title shot, he deserves it. I could see it being Cano as well.
          I'd sooner see Matthysse have a more lucrative fight with one of the bigger names at 140 like Timothy Bradley or Amir Khan. He's earned it.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            I'd sooner see Matthysse have a more lucrative fight with one of the bigger names at 140 like Timothy Bradley or Amir Khan. He's earned it.
            Bradley's done at 140, and Khan will stay away from punchers for a bit. I think Khan will fight either a Peterson rematch at 140, or move up to 147 and fight the Alexander/Brook winner.

I want Matthysse to fight Garcia at some point in 2013, that's the biggest fight there.

Comment

This is great news. It won't be Matthysse - that Hank Lundy fight is still on. If Senchenko can drop a couple of pounds or meet at a catch weight, I wouldn't mind seeing that

Comment

Originally posted by Hamza305 View Post
                This is great news. It won't be Matthysse - that Hank Lundy fight is still on.
                Matthysse-Lundy is an interesting fight.

Comment

http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/p...-maps-out-2013

• Schaefer said Feb. 23 is the date for another Showtime card. It could include Alexander-Brook if the fight is postponed with the location to be determined. But if Brook-Alexander stays in January, Schaefer said he would put the Feb. 23 card in Detroit, the hometown of junior middleweight titlist Cornelius "K9" Bundrage, who would defend his belt against Ishe Smith. For the undercard of that fight, Schaefer said he hopes to make a match between Khabib Allakhverdiev, who recently won a vacant junior welterweight belt by handing Joan Guzman is first defeat, and former lightweight titleholder Humberto Soto.

Comment

Humberto Soto will make for an entertaining fight like he always does.

Comment

Working...
                    X