No announcement yet.

Timing/movement of right foot for 1-2 combo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing/movement of right foot for 1-2 combo

I'm wondering about the exact movement/timing of the right foot when doing a standard 1-2 (jab-cross) combo. As I understand it, the left foot steps in (to close distance) and the jab is delivered as the left foot lands.

Then what? Does the right foot catch up by stepping forward, with the right cross thrown as the right foot lands? Or is there no step with the right foot when the cross is thrown? Or is it something else?

Any insights would be appreciated!

The right foot slides forward then the hips turn and the right cross is thrown.

Otherwise leaving your right foot planted after you've stepped in with the jab, your feet become too wide.

If this happens you may over reach and be countered over the top are just be plain off balance.

Comment

Somebody correct me if im wrong.

If its a step forward, then the right foot should come with the left. When you throw the right, your should twist your right foot into the punch.

However, the 1-2 does not need to start with a step at all. If your already at the right distance. If you step in when you don't need to then you are smothering your punch. Unless you shorten up your punch. Lol now I think im starting to be confusing.
      Last edited by -FLIP-; 01-02-2012, 06:44 PM.

Comment

No step is required if you're already at the right distance.

But unless your opponent is in the corner or against the ropes most of the time they will be moving around and not standing there to get hit.

Comment

Working...
        X