No announcement yet.

Street fight injury :\

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Street fight injury :\

Ok I need to know if anyone's had this happen and how long it took to get back to boxing and how gradual the steps were? I got into a fight with a couple guys and caught a tooth really bad into my knuckle/muscle and all that good stuff in there. Had to get it cleaned out and "packed" and almost lost my joint due to the germs that people carry in their mouth. The doctor says i could probably be back in a month, but he didn't sound positive, i know i might be able to do shadow boxing as soon as the actual wound heals, but does anyone have any personal experiences where they could give me an idea? It was unfortunate and sets me back, and obviosly I need to stay away from **** like this in the future But thanks for any advice fellas, and don't worry I represented for boxing scene, dude was out like a light.

My only advice it to, like you said, "stay away from that **** in the future". I'm sure it won't be too long if it is just an infection and there is no damage to the bone or muscle.

Comment

That's a real ****ty injury there. Good luck getting back to 100%. The lesson out of that is when you're in a street fight with bare fists, hit more for softer targets like the body. I know things happen in the heat of the moment and but it's something to keep in mind.

Comment

I crushed my little knuckle on the right hand on a guy's molar. Took a month or so to heal stronger than ever....

Comment

open palm strikes are good in the street. you can hit hard and minimize injury to the hand. a hard palm strike to the nose will be more than enough for most street punks.

Comment

I've done the same thing had 12 stitches in my hand, just take it easy, stay away from heavy impact like heavy bags or pads. And when it doesn't hurt, bend / train the fingers so you don't stiffen up. A month might not be unrealistic just do it on 'feel' and dun push trough any 'real' pain as it is a real injury and you might make it worse.

Comment

i just tried to open the fridge and forgot and it hurt like a *****. :\ I'm feelin pretty positive about making a fairly quick recovery though, i'll get to shadow boxing and roadwork and all the stuff without actually hitting bags and whatnot as soon as the wound heals pretty good, then its a waiting game till i can hit stuff again

Comment

Working...
              X