No announcement yet.

The Robin Reid Comeback

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Robin Reid Comeback

The Grim Reaper is back and looking for a match-up with Carl Froch...

From reading the article on warren's website, the fight against Brinkley was messy but Reid still got the UD. He may now have another tune-up fight before trying to get a fight with Froch.

Now, although Froch doesn't need Reid anymore, I can see this fight happening. It won't get Froch any closer to a world title but I think he still wants to show he's the top smw in the uk so unless froch gets a title eliminator in the next 3 or 4 months we could see him fight Reid...

Could be a dangerous fight for Froch.

damn, i've got nothing against froch but i'd like to see reid beat him and maybe get another chance. i think reid has maybe a couple great fights left in the tank

Comment

Reid looked shot to pieces against that guy Serdjane, and that was years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by GEOFFHAYES View Post
        ah, you're probably right JUy jeffrey, but i was hoping all the time off would have done the runcorn reaper some good. reid was a good fighter who never got the respect he deserved

Comment

He got plenty of respect! There were a lot of Robin Reid fans, mostly because they liked his physique and a lot of feel he was robbed against Calzaghe, and anyone who saw feel he was robbed against Ottke.

Comment

He got plenty of respect! There were a lot of Robin Reid fans, mostly because they liked his physique and a lot of feel he was robbed against Calzaghe, and anyone who saw feel he was robbed against Ottke.
            yeah, yeah, i like reid because of the last part, although his abs and iginual line were impressive

Comment

did you know Nicky Piper ducked this one guy....

when he was british and commonwealth champ..

Comment

Rob is an old friend of mine (early amateur days) and I believe he has come back for entirely the wrong reasons.
                The result against Calzaghe was the correct one, for me the fight was always going to be close simply because Reid at his peak was a very good fighter!

Comment

Dont think reid should make a comeback because he is clearly far from his best. In his prime he was world class and robbed 100% against Ottke imo. If he does fight froch he would give Froch a tough match but could end up getting hurt.

Comment

I thinks he was robbed againsed Calzaghe too.
                    He has been offered fight with Froch but turned it down after mouthing off on some radio show. I like Reid but he could not handle the Cobra.
                    Froch doesnt need Reid but if he keeps mouthing off i think Froch will take the fight, he wont want anyone saying hes dodging the fight.
                    It must happen in next 3-6 months or Froch with have other things on his agenda.
                    I think Froch will soon vacate British Title. Maybe Reid should fight either Tony Dodson or Brian Magee, this will also give Reid an idea if hes up to fighting Froch.

Comment

Working...
                    X