No announcement yet.

Dont expect a "canelo alvarez/mayweather fight" to fix floyds legacy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GUEVARA View Post
    a great defensive wizard isnt supposed to get exposed like that., specially against a past prime 30%, been in too many wars, at his worst weight cotto.
    exposed? give me a break dude

Comment

• Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
      u have to be kidding me... bleeding in professional boxing match is being exposed????, this logic actually shows us how highly you think of floyd... ive never held a boxer in this high of a regard damn yo!

cottos move to 154 was a political move that made sense, he knew he wouldnt win a belt at 147... hes not a natural 154 but neither is floyd, cotto also does well against boxers thats proven! and outweighed floyed in the ring... on top of all this he now has a good trainer who actually gave him a gameplan! it was a good fight and both are good fighters.

most boxers with good jabs land some good punches on floyd...
      What was cotto's worst weight?

Who had more war?

Who had more retirements?

Why should his win against a "non-natural WW" JMM mean anything?

Comment

• Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
        u have to be kidding me... bleeding in professional boxing match is being exposed????, this logic actually shows us how highly you think of floyd... ive never held a boxer in this high of a regard damn yo!

cottos move to 154 was a political move that made sense, he knew he wouldnt win a belt at 147... hes not a natural 154 but neither is floyd, cotto also does well against boxers thats proven! and outweighed floyed in the ring... on top of all this he now has a good trainer who actually gave him a gameplan! it was a good fight and both are good fighters.

most boxers with good jabs land some good punches on floyd...
        Most boxers with a good jab will land on anyone(And that is Cotto's dominant hand anyays). That's a hard punch to take away.

But yeah lol at being hit with jabs = Being Exposed.

Comment

nope. he isnt the best i saw in my lifetime, even in his era.

I've seen duran, hagler, SRL, Arguello, Finito, sanchez, whitaker, etc.

His inactivity, cherry picks, retirements, ducks are the obvious reason why his legacy is almost legally dead.

Whatever you say, hater.

Comment

• Originally posted by fitefan View Post
            exposed? give me a break dude
            considering cotto was at his worst weight and clearly 30% of his prime self, Floyd getting hit and his nose bleed definitely his so called skills and record has been manipulated for almost a decade now.

Comment

• Originally posted by DiegoFuego View Post

Whatever you say, hater.
              LOL at you because floyd is the best you've seen. Fanboyism see a doctor.

Comment

What was cotto's worst weight?

Who had more war?

Who had more retirements?

Why should his win against a "non-natural WW" JMM mean anything?

Comment

considering cotto was at his worst weight and clearly 30% of his prime self, Floyd getting hit and his nose bleed definitely his so called skills and record has been manipulated for almost a decade now.
                  Augustus made him bleed too. Remind me how many rounds Augustus actually won. You're reaching so far, it's really funny to watch. Was Mayweather's KO of Corrales and Hatton blind luck too? Tell us another one, bud!

Comment

LOL at you because floyd is the best you've seen. Fanboyism see a doctor.
                    Since I've been alive and able to watch boxing, I've seen Pacquiao, Hopkins, De La Hoya, Whitaker (but past his best), Lewis, Holyfield, Mosley, Morales, Marquez and Barrera. Hate to break it to you, but none of them are as good as Mayweather.

Comment

at his worst weight? he was fighting where he was comfortable. is it floyd's fault that he's too damn lazy to train longer so he can make 147 where he belongs?

and as far as floyd getting bloodied, that's weak dude. i can see if cotto brusied that face up something proper or put him in danger but neither happened did it?

Comment

Working...
                      X