No announcement yet.

The Curious Case of Andre Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Curious Case of Andre Ward

With news that Andre Ward will begin sparring this weekend, I want to discuss his options for the future. He's been out of the ring since September and now is in a promotional beef with Dan Goosen (alledgedly). Ward is stuck in limbo. By the time of his next fight, he will be nearly 30 and out the ring for a year. There's no time to waste against fighters like Chavez Jr or Pavlik. The only fight that makes sense for Ward at SMW is Froch and he already owns a W over him. It's time for Ward to campaign at 175. LHW is shaping out to be boxing's brightest division and all the fighters there seem willing to face each other. We have Bute, Pascal, Hopkins, Stevenson, Cleverly, and Kovalev all anxious to step in the ring together. Ward needs to get in the mix.

The clock is ticking Ward. The time is now.

pavlik's retired

Comment

Originally posted by EzzardCharles View Post
      pavlik's retired
      I know but that was the guy he was scheduled to face before the injury.

Comment

Ward is boring! I know that i will get a lot of crap for this because obviously Boxing is Hit without getting hit etc but Boxing at the same time is entertainment and Ward is not entertaining. I am cool if Andre Ward retires and i never have to see him fight again.

Bute/Pascal. Stevenson/Froch. Kovalev with either of them are guaranteed all action fights, who needs Ward.

Btw the ssame goes with BHOP, just retire already!

Comment

Originally posted by Malik Kaya View Post
          Ward is boring! I know that i will get a lot of crap for this because obviously Boxing is Hit without getting hit etc but Boxing at the same time is entertainment and Ward is not entertaining. I am cool if Andre Ward retires and i never have to see him fight again.

Bute/Pascal. Stevenson/Froch. Kovalev with either of them are guaranteed all action fights, who needs Ward.

Btw the ssame goes with BHOP, just retire already!
          Ward isn't boring in my opinion but that's not even the point. Plus it seemed like he was trying to be more exciting and open up more against Dawson. More importantly, Ward was the king at 168. It's time for him to go to 175 and attempt to take it over. There's so much talent in the division. I want to know if there's anyone there that can beat him.

Comment

Ward is a boring fighter who ducked bute. Bute would've beat his ass. Hope ward retires I don't care for his fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingjames6 View Post
              Ward is a boring fighter who ducked bute. Bute would've beat his ass. Hope ward retires I don't care for his fights.
              Scared of Bute? Bute would beat his ass? Lmao c'mon let be serious. From what I remember, Ward and Bute were negotiating to fight but Bute signed to fight Froch instead. Ward is the last guy that should be labeled a duck. If Bute can get past Pascal, the fight would make sense at 175.

Comment

Golovkin will be ready for another opponent.....................

Comment

Originally posted by Public_Enemy View Post
                  Ward isn't boring in my opinion but that's not even the point. Plus it seemed like he was trying to be more exciting and open up more against Dawson. More importantly, Ward was the king at 168. It's time for him to go to 175 and attempt to take it over. There's so much talent in the division. I want to know if there's anyone there that can beat him.
                  More like anyone there that he can beat. I'd like to see he and Bute fight at 175, as that would be a fair test for him since Bute himself is moving up from SMW like he would be.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                    Golovkin will be ready for another opponent.....................
                    Golovkin should stay at 160. Geale-Barker winner this year and then Sergio next year. Ward vs. GGG is a good fight though but he would be small for 168 though.

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                    More like anyone there that he can beat. I'd like to see he and Bute fight at 175, as that would be a fair test for him since Bute himself is moving up from SMW like he would be.
                    I think Ward will be fine at 175. He fought there in the Olympics. Bute would be the perfect opponent for Ward's first fight at 175. I'm just not sure that Bute gets by Pascal.

Comment

Working...
                    X