Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would PRIME B-Hop fare against Sugar Ray?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
    Most of you have opinions on current fighters and thats all you think you know! You can read stats and then make comparisons off of common opponents but you don't know a thing about Methods and Techniques. You know nothing about "making" a fight and the way you talk about promotors is childish!
    If you can't see the difference between Sugar Ray Robinson and Bernard Hopkins why discuss these components. If everone who is considered knowledgeable from the boxing fraturnity agrees that Robinson is the Greatest Fighter ever (then & now) yet you morons think Hopkins is better I have nothing more to say to you. Your ignorance is astounding and your disrespect for all fighters in general is a disgrace!.... nite kids Ray
    Sadly, you define the word. You don't even realise it though, which is why you define it.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
      Please, then, enlighten me.
      well, Ray did lose the first fight. In the second fight he was knocked down in the 7th round (stayed down to the count of 9 according to reports). In the fourth or fifth fight there are reports the fight was disputed, some had Jake winning and Robinson later said it was the toughest fight of his career.

So yeah, just because Robinson beat him 5/6 times doesn't mean he didn't struggle with him. There was a reason they fought 6 times. If they were all one side fights the public wouldn't have interest in them, but they were all (besides the last one) good fights and Jake certainly had his moments.

Comment

Ray Corso is saying Hopkins only beat blown up WW's, well Robinson is a blown up WW and the size difference would show up on fight night.

Robinson wont have his height and reach advantage against Hopkins, so his defense will come into question (much like Hearns).

Also, at 160, SRR at best is only a shade quicker than Hopkins.

I don't see how Hopkins doesn't have at least a good chance. He has nothing wrong with his game, good speed, power, chin, excellent defense, excellent work rate, timing, counter punching ability.

RR wasn't the greatest MW of all time either.

put him at WW where all his best attributes come together, and it's hard to beat him yes.

Comment

Poor Ray Corso is like that old, nearly blind dog that wants people to pay attention to it but then snaps and bites if you enter its space.

Ray, seriously.....no one gives a crap about what you've claimed to have done because A) A lot of your opinions stink and B) You're just an a*shole. No one wants to deal with an a*shole no matter what they may know.

You need to see a psychiatrist. To reach your age and still be such a narcissistic crybaby is absurd.
          Last edited by jabsRstiff; 12-02-2012, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
            well, Ray did lose the first fight. In the second fight he was knocked down in the 7th round (stayed down to the count of 9 according to reports). In the fourth or fifth fight there are reports the fight was disputed, some had Jake winning and Robinson later said it was the toughest fight of his career.

So yeah, just because Robinson beat him 5/6 times doesn't mean he didn't struggle with him. There was a reason they fought 6 times. If they were all one side fights the public wouldn't have interest in them, but they were all (besides the last one) good fights and Jake certainly had his moments.
            All of the fights other than the last one were close fights.

Like you said, they fought so many times for a reason.

Comment

jbsRinvisable; thats all you can do is call people names and insults but you have nothing to say about the comparisons between Sugar & Hopkins has to punch ability and delivery! Why?? You don't know anything about boxing techniques! You would think a "fantasy" section would be just where you need to be because of the obvious, you should stick to the color of trunks or the brand of shoes a fighter wears, they have "labels" on them. No need to discuss intangibles like balance, effective agressivness, angles, or deceptiveness.

The reason for 6 fights betwen Sugar & Jake was because no other middles would fight them. No other middles at that time gave a chance of a great gate! This was the live boxing era not the HBO shows we have to tolerate now.
              Inbetween those bouts Sugar & Jake could go pick up 10 rounders on the road fighting local talents to make ends meet! Thats what full time fighters did back in that era. Ray

Comment

Ray Corso.....

You said Hopkins wouldn't win a round against Robinson. That is so ridiculous that it renders all of your "x's and o's" useless!

You're the guy who went in depth on Henry Cooper and talked about his southpaw stance. That was it for me.....I lost what little respect I had for you because it really told me all of your experience was wasted with that brain and those eyes of yours.

Comment

So I mixed up the names of two guys from the 60s who fought Ali big freakin deal!! You still don't know anything about the sport maybe your a writer and just haven't found your calling yet???
                  I just pm'd you just block me off and you won't have to listen to my opinions.

Why is every alphabet champion from 1985 to now a "Great Fighter"?
                  Aren't their anymore solid contenders or top fifteen competitors!
                  Tito
                  Oscar
                  Floyd
                  Manny
                  Cotto
                  Shane

Dawson
                  Hopkins
                  Calzaghe
                  Jones
                  Martinez
                  Taylor
                  theres 6 men in the WW to LtHvy that are refered to as "great fighters"
                  Really 12 in one era??? I haven't gone down below those classes either there should be 10 more atleast. This must be the "golden age of Boxing"???
                  Once again the word Great has never been deluted more than on this forum.
                  Everyone wants their favorite to be considered great but it takes alot more than fans thinking their great to become great. Your peers and people within the sport have abit more judging ability than a fan does.
                  Ofcourse here the fans know so much more than the promotors, refs, judges, trainers, management, commisions and ofcourse the fighters themselves hahahaha!! The same fans they call fighters names like bums, and quiters you know the fan thats never put his toe inside a ring! But then again it doesn't take much to become an All Time Great or a boxing expert. Just join a forum come up with a catchy colorfull name and their you are!! An "EXPERT"! HA!!
                  nite kids, play nice! Ray
                  Last edited by Ray Corso; 12-02-2012, 04:59 PM.

Comment

BHop is not an easy guy to beat for anyone

SRR would win, but with some difficulty

Comment

damn ray, you just don't get it. I really don't know why this is so hard to comprehend. no one is debating that Hopkins is greater than Robinson. no one is debating that Robinson has a far more impressive resume and career. again what we're talking about is a head to head match. for you to make the claim that hopkins wouldn't win a single round and wouldn't at least be competitive is absurd. its actually mind boggling.

Comment

Working...
                      X