Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cesar Gracie: If GSP doesn't want to fight Silva, Nick will.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cesar Gracie: If GSP doesn't want to fight Silva, Nick will.

"We're pushing for the GSP fight. That's what we're going to push for, GSP or Anderson Silva. That's the two fights that interest us the most, and that's the one's we're going for.

"[Silva's] people are into it. We're into it. The fans, I think, would be into it. We've got convince Dana [White] about it now. Obviously the fight that makes sense to them, and I don't disagree, is Anderson-GSP, and like I said, I would watch that fight. That would be great to watch. But let's get real. If GSP just absolutely says no, then what? You can't make a guy fight. That's the thing. And Anderson, if they want to promote a superfight and if the stars align, I think Nick would be into it."
    MMAfighting.com

Silva knocks him out silly.

Comment

That would be a fight I would watch, Basically anything with the Diaz bros. they make the fights exciting to watch!

Comment

Silva would win, but Diaz would make it exciting. At least Diaz steps up. I bet he'd fight Jones if offered...

Comment

Diaz would have very slim chances, but he would engage in a fight with Silva. His striking would probably not measure up, but he may well do better than many of Silva's recent opponents. Diaz has a unique skill set so that, although it is extremely unlikely, you can never say never either. Basically a Rockyesque type of thing.

Comment

Diaz have nothing to lose. GSP have everything to lose.
            Remember that Diaz didn't want to fight ****ing Jason Miller at 185 because he had everything to lose and Miller nothing to lose.

I'd rather see Hendricks-GSP or Weidman-Silva than Diaz against either guy.
            Diaz has a bunch of cool fights to keep him busy until he gets a shot (earns) at GSP or Silva.

Comment

Interesting, Silva by brutal beat down.

Comment

its funny how ppl want to watch this fight but don't want to watch Silva-GSP cuz they think GSP would obviously lose(which I agree with). At least agaisnt GSP it would actually last at least a round. Diaz would get KO'd in less than a minute. Diaz just pushes forward relying on his chin and he throws punches without fear of getting hit. He would be a punching bag for Silva.

At least GSP will respect Silva's striking and keep his distance and attempt to take Silva down.

GSP vs Silva would be a more competitive fight.

Comment

Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
                  its funny how ppl want to watch this fight but don't want to watch Silva-GSP cuz they think GSP would obviously lose(which I agree with). At least agaisnt GSP it would actually last at least a round. Diaz would get KO'd in less than a minute. Diaz just pushes forward relying on his chin and he throws punches without fear of getting hit. He would be a punching bag for Silva.

At least GSP will respect Silva's striking and keep his distance and attempt to take Silva down.

GSP vs Silva would be a more competitive fight.
                  No one has said they don't want to see GSP-Silva. GSP has basically said repeatedly that he doesn't want to fight Silva, and people have said that they don't really blame him.

And Silva would knock GSP out in one round.

Comment

My boy Nick..

Damn, I love that boy; willing to fight anyone, anywhere and any place. It doesn't matter if it's in a ring, cage, octagon, or schitt, even a damn hospital (i.e Riggs).

Nick is a legend in my book.

Nick is probably one of the only boxers that can match Silva in boxing. Nick's problem will be Silva's kicks and movement. I think Silva and Diaz are about even on the ground.

I love this fight and have been thinking about it for years. Make it happen.

Comment

Working...
                    X