No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ortiz vs. Lopez Rematch: Schaefer, Showtime on Board

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heavy Hitter View Post
    Ortiz has shown how vulnerable he is to the right hand since the Maidana fight. I remember kellerman pointing it out that Maidana could not miss with it.
    I know, you know, Kellerman knows, how the **** does his trainer not know?? His training camp should consist of stamina and learning how to dodge the right hand. I guess throw footwork in there since that is part of his problem as well. He could have KO'ed Lopez like three times but he would really hurt him and then smother his own punches. I was like what the **** did his training consist of? I am guessing they took Lopez lightly and he was not having it. Good **** for the fans it was an excellent scrap.

Comment

Great fight, but to tell the truth I was quite happy Lopez won, just for the fact that Ortiz was looking past him to Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Suavecito80 View Post
        I know, you know, Kellerman knows, how the **** does his trainer not know?? His training camp should consist of stamina and learning how to dodge the right hand. I guess throw footwork in there since that is part of his problem as well. He could have KO'ed Lopez like three times but he would really hurt him and then smother his own punches. I was like what the **** did his training consist of? I am guessing they took Lopez lightly and he was not having it. Good **** for the fans it was an excellent scrap.
        I like what you said. Its frustrating to see Ortiz smother his own punches, if he could learn to take a half step back and execute he would or should have KO'd Lopez in one of those three times.

Comment

Not surprised they would. Was a great fight.
          The question for the rematch shouldn't be defense, It is if Ortiz will learn to keep his mouth closed during combinations... Kept seeing him open his mouth on numerous occasions in the fight. First time I ever sparred in my life my trainer said "keep your mouth shut or you might just break your jaw".

Comment

Marquez-Vasquez 1 ended on Vasquez quitting with a broken nose on Showtime.

Rematch? Why the hell not?

Showtime and rematches. Gotta love em.

Comment

ortiz is so strong and such a damn good all around athlete that this is very dissappointing to see him go out like this again. this time around his quitting was justified in my opinion - he was spitting up blood and chunks from that well-placed hook to the jaw. Blame him for being stupid though!!- 1. focusing way too much on his offense 2. losing his cool with those couple of rabbit shots and 3. WHY THE HELL are you fighting a counter-puncher toe-to-toe with your MOUTH OPEN!!! so dumb...

Comment

As a boxing fan til the end i always want to see a new superstar rise up...and after his fight with Floyd I truly thought that Ortiz was past all of the nonsense endings and that all of his fights going forward would be just like his versus Berto. I was wrong.....he just lacks focus to be a superstar. -He left his mouth open!...the first thing you learn NOT to do as a pro or even a "practice" fighter. By the time he can handle the spotlight mentally, i believe he will be past his peak physically....Bring on the rematch!! this will be great...Ortiz a super-superstar???----not really likely..

Comment

another one?!?...I'm down!!

Comment

Ortiz is a good fighter, but he needs to learn patience, when to box, and when to use his power. Seems that he just relies too much on his power and when faced with an opponent who refuses to go down he becomes frustrated. He fouls, makes no adjustments and eventually quits.

Max Kellerman described Ortiz perfectly after his loss to Maidana

" Ortiz was dropped, cut, exhausted, faced with an opponent who refused to lose, and in a moment of weakness gave up. Not that he didn't make a valiant effort Ortiz, but in boxing to be great more is required of you"

Sounds similar to what happened Saturday
                    Last edited by JJRod; 06-25-2012, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Camp Beast View Post
                      I agree with everything you said except Lopez winning the rematch. I think Ortiz definitely took Lopez for granted and figured he could just go in there and muscle him up. I think Ortiz trains his @$$ off and finishes Lopez in the rematch. The Berto Ortiz shows up in that fight. Redemption for sure.
                      I saw Lopez make Ortiz fold and now that Lopez knows that he can intimidate and muscle Ortiz there is no way he loses because he is tougher mentally than Ortiz.

Comment

Working...
                      X