Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you make your Skull and Bones stronger?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hit the heavy bag with your head. luluz

Comment

Should also note that you can add calcium deposits in your bone (if I remember correctly) hardening them through repeated impact. You see this in the eastern styles of martial arts where practitioners will pound sand then pebbles rock etc hardening their hands over time.
      That will help your hands, try that with your head and you'll just get repeatative injuries to your brain.
      really, it is the vibrational impact that over months and years makes your legaments, skin, muscles, and bones more dense. it is a process btw.

also, there is a powerful method which does not require any body "beating" at all.

and, there is a complete and tested science to these things. so please dont go looking for them on the internet unless it is for educatiuonal purposes only.

also, what u might read may not even be correct, or may be obscured with a coded language. some things are still guarded secrets. and damn near everything is meant to be taught one on one still to this very day. and it is taught that way for a reason. so please guys and kids, no smashing hands into bricks on a daily basis.

You can also can/will get arthritis in the end in your hands.
      well, no, you wont unless you start a practice from what you read online. conditioned hands, for example, will not looked deformed, or give the practitioner any negative health issues as a result of correct training.

so, that above post is only valid to the people who dont practice correctly.
      Last edited by j; 07-31-2009, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by j View Post
        really, it is the vibrational impact that over months and years makes your legaments, skin, muscles, and bones more dense. it is a process btw.

well, no, you wont unless you start a practice from what you read online. conditioned hands, for example, will not looked deformed, or give the practitioner any negative health issues as a result of correct training.
        first off this process as j said is not just the bones its everything if anything the strengthening of the bone only is only 5-10% of the whole chain. your skin gets tougher and your muscles have a casing which gets thicker your nerves deaden and your left with an all together more conditioned area.

Secondly though im not sure what is correct and incorrect according to j most the time people that get arthristis and deformed hands are the people that dont spend years trying to get conditioned and instead go out and punch a tree everyday. this takes time and i wouldnt do anything to the point of bruising more then once a week.

finally, hold your face steady with one hand against your cheek. then light taps with your knuckles along your jaw line and cheek bones should be enough to create stress fractures in the bone and when the bone heals it will be alittle denser and stronger also it should be enough to strengthen the muscles casing which will help with bruseing and asorbing/dispersing impacts.

Comment

Originally posted by Ylem122 View Post
          finally, hold your face steady with one hand against your cheek. then light taps with your knuckles along your jaw line and cheek bones should be enough to create stress fractures in the bone and when the bone heals it will be alittle denser and stronger also it should be enough to strengthen the muscles casing which will help with bruseing and asorbing/dispersing impacts.
          j, do you agree with this?

I mean from where I'm sitting you could havea puncher who lands a big one on a guy who beats himself upside the head like this guys saying and still get knocked the **** out if he gets hit the right way...

boxing is not developing your head to look like Ebo Elder, lol...anyone else do this? Pros do this?

just curious.

Comment

there are certain exercises, mostly done for health to strengthen the jaw, gus, ad teeth - since we are in that spefic area.

i do not see a big problem with the method. it is basically the basic conditioning method done with care to the facial bones/structure from what i have read from the post. i am hella tired so i hope i didnt misread anything. i woulod be careful to only work around miridian lines and talk to someo0ne who has done it before firstly. i have not so i cant speak on it much.

a good simple exercise for promoting a stringer jaw is the have your teeth togerther, and, with not too much force, clench your jaw muscle 36 times. clicking the teeth is basically samem, but gives slightly different result.

either way, i would not recommend practicing anything from such breif reads. im sure Ylem would agree that this is just for discussion and info purposes.

in shaolin tradition, and i think i seen it on tv once, there was/still is a practice where a wonk puts a noose around his neck, and hangs by it - with mnostly his jaw beaing the area of support.

back to topic....

the regular conditioning is done fairly lightly, with bags filled with various mediums. many practices have the first pag filled with a type of mung bean and certain herbs. and it is gradually progressed to iron fillings. for fistic conditioning, the method is adopted just a bit differently.

however, nothing is ever rushed. and dit da jow is always used. jow is a special medicine that is made of herbs and liquor wish is soaked into the hands to help heal bruising.

the hitting of a tree sounds more like karate practice(i did karate some 20 years ago). the method that developes calluses and deformation is a rushed method of a cartain type of conditioning that leads tio arthritis, nerve damage, loss of hand movement, etc.

there are many ways to develope the hand for striking. the softer and safer the method, the longer it takes.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Glove View Post
              j, do you agree with this?

I mean from where I'm sitting you could havea puncher who lands a big one on a guy who beats himself upside the head like this guys saying and still get knocked the **** out if he gets hit the right way...

boxing is not developing your head to look like Ebo Elder, lol...anyone else do this? Pros do this?

just curious.

and best way is to just dodge. i know u know this. ui just dont want some 12 year old to read this and think he can make himself un-KO-able.

and, no matter how dense ur bidy can get, there are types of hitting designed to penetrate it.

Comment

Yes j,

please do tell me that light taps to you jaw line wont help with the brusing of the muscle, strength of the bone (ie keeping the jaw from breaking when getting hit) and spreading the impact out over the muscle more efficently.

Pros do this? ever see any De la hoya fight's as hes getting in the ring tapping him self in the face and streatching out his jaw?

and when did i say anything about beating yourself upside the head?

Comment

Originally posted by Joey Giardello View Post
                  when i say stronger so they dont brake easy Any one know?
                  EAsy, milk. I got punched in the nose one time at a bar and the broke his hand on my nose. No bs. Been drinking milk since i was a little kid.

Comment

the monks start that kind of neck training as kids hanging by some cloth legs crossed meditating for up to an hour some crazy stuff. holding them self on a spear with their stomach or spear in their neck and breaking it in half by pushing it against the ground/tree. solid kicks to your nuts and breaking bricks over your head the master of my wing chun master was a monk like that pretty much cant hurt him and from sticky hands even if you blind him he can still take you down.

Comment

Originally posted by Ylem122 View Post
                      Yes j,

please do tell me that light taps to you jaw line wont help with the brusing of the muscle, strength of the bone (ie keeping the jaw from breaking when getting hit) and spreading the impact out over the muscle more efficently.

Pros do this? ever see any De la hoya fight's as hes getting in the ring tapping him self in the face and streatching out his jaw?

and when did i say anything about beating yourself upside the head?
                      i think u misunderstand. i never said anything about beating your head up. in fact, when i saw someone ask how to get over the nerves orf getting hit, i tell them to give themselves some light hits in the face. it kinda warms u up. i have made sure my fighters know that too - no i dont teach - but assist in training.

yeah, i know some of that crazy stuff. i have 5 years in xingyi and bagua. just started a chen style of taiji.

Comment

Working...
                      X