Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayogra and Margarito were NOT Top 10 Jr Middle Weights When Cotto Beat Them

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayogra and Margarito were NOT Top 10 Jr Middle Weights When Cotto Beat Them

Interesting fact.......

oh ok...........

Comment

his last three fights @ 154 ended via tko so that's decent enough

Comment

Absolutely mind blowing news.

Comment

Everyone knows this......only Yuri Foreman was a Top 10 SWW at the time Cotto beat him. Mayorga was a pointless fight, Cotto should have fought someone like Cintron or Bundrage at that time. Margarito, I get why he fought him. He had to avenge that loss.

Comment

Yuri was a Top 10. Mayorga was a tune up fight for Margarito seeing as their styles are similar. Margarito was a revenge match.

Miguel's fighting Floyd, who's consider the best fighter in the world by many people, so I think he's made up for his weak opposition.

I would like to see him fight some other JMW after Floyd though.

Preferably good ones.

Comment

I think Margarito was better then a lot of top 10 jr middle weights though

Comment

Originally posted by Poonpuppy View Post
                Yuri was a Top 10. Mayorga was a tune up fight for Margarito seeing as their styles are similar. Margarito was a revenge match.

Miguel's fighting Floyd, who's consider the best fighter in the world by many people, so I think he's made up for his weak opposition.

I would like to see him fight some other JMW after Floyd though.

Preferably good ones.
                Canelo is fighting in September again, most likely against Kirkland or Molina probably. If Canelo wins that, and if Floyd DOESN'T fight Canelo in December, I can really see Cotto-Canelo being made after that in January-February or soemthing. They never put 2 PPV's in the same month, and November is Manny's PPV/December is Floyd's PPV.

If Floyd doesn't fight Canelo in December, I fully expect to see Canelo-Cotto, and I'd be hyped as hell to see that. That'd be a big fight.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
                  Canelo is fighting in September again, most likely against Kirkland or Molina probably. If Canelo wins that, and if Floyd DOESN'T fight Canelo in December, I can really see Cotto-Canelo being made after that in January-February or soemthing. They never put 2 PPV's in the same month, and November is Manny's PPV/December is Floyd's PPV.

If Floyd doesn't fight Canelo in December, I fully expect to see Canelo-Cotto, and I'd be hyped as hell to see that. That'd be a big fight.
                  I hope it's Molina he has a better resume at 154 then Kirkland...he schooled his ass, he arguably beat lara, and beat cintron

he deserves it more IMO and

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post

I'd like to see that fight too. Would be huge, given the Mex- Rican rivalry.

If Canelo looks really good against Mosley and if Cotto gives Floyd atleast a somewhat tough fight, I could see them both delivering a great fight against each other.

I'd be hyped af.

Comment

Working...
                    X