Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I would love to know where Haymon is going to get tv time for all his fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would love to know where Haymon is going to get tv time for all his fighters?

Seems like every other day he's signing someone. Even with his own boxing network, I still don't see him being able to showcase ALL of his fighters. If viewership is poor then he wont get high paying commercial sponsers. How would they all be able to make money? Where would the money come from with no major networks behind him?

well supposedly according to Duva Haymon signed a big deal wwith NBC sports(the old Versus channell) so he's going to have a lot of sshowcase fights on there, and apparently like two cards on regular NBC (obviously bigger fights). And of course Espinoza keeps buying whatever Haymon ****s out as well.

Comment

Well, he can't possibly accommodate all these number of fighters in his stable. and it's still growing. One of the recent additions is Bundu. Haymon has to throw some of them somewhere. Otherwise, these boxers' families will starve. How many of them have been on a long layoff? Not a few. An average of one card per 2 months just won't cut it.

Comment

don't worry. he will. he and NBC sports have a great plan for boxing.

Comment

lol at all of them getting T.V time... not all of them will.

Just the names

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
            lol at all of them getting T.V time... not all of them will.

Just the names
            Youd hope so, but wheres the money for the name guys? This year its the likes of Fonfara, Barthelemy getting TV dates cause theyre dirt cheap

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
              well supposedly according to Duva Haymon signed a big deal wwith NBC sports(the old Versus channell) so he's going to have a lot of sshowcase fights on there, and apparently like two cards on regular NBC (obviously bigger fights). And of course Espinoza keeps buying whatever Haymon ****s out as well.
              Nbc sports budget is tiny, cant barely pay scrub opponents purses with that

Comment

Not all will be on tv. The ones that do make it, will be fighting scrubs. Haymon puts his fighters in against bums.

Comment

I would give Haymon mad props if he somehow brings Boxing back to mainstream, but it's kinda hard to imagine with the quality of fights he usually gives us.

Hell, he could end up doing more damage than good if he finally gets the opportunity to show the world, and then gives us his usual garbage exhibition match-ups. One or two good fights a year ain't gonna cut it.

Comment

Originally posted by beastoverhand View Post
                    I would give Haymon mad props if he somehow brings Boxing back to mainstream, but it's kinda hard to imagine with the quality of fights he usually gives us.

Hell, he could end up doing more damage than good if he finally gets the opportunity to show the world, and then gives us his usual garbage exhibition match-ups. One or two good fights a year ain't gonna cut it.
                    Haymon's edge in signing fighters is in part dues to the very generous risk-reward package he offers. It's delusional to think that fighters can't see what the rest of the world sees in Haymon's match-making.

I can't see him changing that policy unless he's forced to. His stable is what gives him his power in the sport.

Comment

Working...
                    X