Froch: Groves has blown his chance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
    Story is old.

Froch will rematch him, let's not pretend otherwise.
    It says its from Nov. 26, only 2 days ago but if Froch says he wont fight him again because he was talking **** that's complete nonsense especially if you consider the way Froch goes on a lot of times. He can do what he wants but if he refuses the rematch hes going to look bad to everybody except hard core Froch fans who will take his side on anything.

Comment

I do wanna see Froch Ward in the UK, but Froch should rematch groves..It's only right..

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        Hilarious!

I hope he says he already "bashed up" Groves so he doesn't need to rematch him again.

How does your own medicine taste, Ugly Kid?

Hilarious!!

Comment

The rematch will happen. Too much money for it not to happen.

Comment

If he fights Ward I won't care but if he fights anybody else without rematching Groves then I can't support him.

I know Froch would beat Groves again.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Oh god..

Knew this would happen.

"I'll fight anyone"

"Just not George Groves"

Comment

I knew he didn't want Groves again. No longer will be supporting Froch.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                  What does that have to do with Dirrell? Froch said fighting on the backfoot is cowardly, that was an ignorant and hypocritical statement.
                  You'll need to post the actual quote to decipher its context otherwise there's nothing really to see here

Comment

Originally posted by Kris Silver View Post
                    http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/story/261147.html

Froch: Groves has blown his chance

Carl Froch has told Boxing News he is unlikely to grant George Groves a rematch after insisting the 25-year-old "blew his chance", and is instead looking to gain revenge against Andre Ward.

Referee Howard Foster controversially gave Froch a ninth-round stoppage win over Groves in their WBA and IBF super-middleweight world title fight in Manchester on Saturday.

Carl Froch's controversial world title fight with George Groves showed why boxing is a brutal business. But it is a business where the good, the bad and the ugly have to find a way to exist.

Groves has called on Froch to accept a rematch, insisting he has no other choice for the sake of his credibility. Mutual promoter Eddie Hearn has even touted Wembley Stadium as a potential venue, with a June or July date mooted.

In the aftermath of the fight Froch appeared to be willing to take on Groves again, but seems to have reversed his standpoint with an eye on taking out Ward, the only man to have beaten him.

Froch told Boxing News : "I don't think I need to fight George Groves again to prove anything because he [was an] unbeaten, young, hungry fighter, the best in Britain other than me, but I'm world champion and I've given him his chance - a chance I wasn't given to fight the best when I was at his stage in my career. He's had his chance and unfortunately he blew it."

When asked who he would fight if he could pick anyone, Froch stated Ward would be "ideal", and admitted avenging his loss to the American was his motivation. "It's fair for Ward to come over here. In my 34-fight career, there's only one man I haven't beaten - Andre Ward.

"[A rematch with Groves] doesn't do anything for my personal goals. George Groves was on my hitlist and guess what? On my record it says Froch v Groves - Froch TKO round 9, that's what it says and that's a very satisfying result on my record for the history books. They're the facts. It's a bitter pill for George Groves to swallow. I took the victory from him by being the warrior and the strong ironman that I am."
                    well that's it, I used to like the guy but if he doesn't grant Groves the rematch he deserves then F him. Let him go get schooled by Ward again then...

Comment

Froch has quite arguably the best resume in the entire sport so to say he is scared or a coward is farcical. With that being said.......this is a hard pill to swallow.

Comment

Working...
                      X