Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jim Lampley abandonds 16 years old daughter in huge riot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow those are some racist comments lol. But they were beating that random white guy for no reason at all.

Comment

longer version. bunch of animals

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
        Really? When did he say that and who to?
        Interview with Jose Aguire from boxingscene. He talked shit about Roy and Foreman.

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
        a cute chick posted this on yahoo answers

This tension can be traced back exactly to April 22 1994. On that night Evander Holyfield was defending his title against Michael Moorer. In the second round Holyfield leveled Michael Moorer with a brutal left hook. None of the 3 judges gave Evander a ten eight round despite the clean knockdown. Worst of all one of the judges Jerry Roth actually scored the round even! In the end Roth's horrible descision ultimately cost Evander his heavyweight championship! The argument was that Moorer was handily winning the round at the time of the knockdown. The argument was insane and everyone covering the fight was livid. Every single HBO commentator had something to say about how questionable this was. These people included Jim Lampley Larry Merchant Harold Ledderman James Brown and a furious George Foreman. In the post fight commentary Foreman stopped just short of saying that the Duva's fixed the fight. George said the following I HAVE SEEN ENOUGH! THE DUVA'S HAVE TOO MANY PIECES OF PAPER IN TOO MANY POCKETS! He went on to say that SOMEBODY IS GOING TO HAVE TO GET TOGETHER AND GET THIS JUNK OUT OF HERE! He then said half jokingly that he'd have to eat a lot of hamburgers to get over this one! HBO began promoting the rebroadcast as DID THE JUDGES GET IT WRONG? The Duva's went into attack mode and threatened to sue. They also moved to have Foreman fired for his allegations. Meanwhile Holyfield was being diagnosed with a heart condition. There would be no immediate rematch. Those two things combined caused HBO to completely do a 180. They feared a lawsuit and profusely apologized to Moorer and the Duva's. The postfight comments were edited in the rebroadcast. Lampley backed down completely and said he called the fight wrong. Merchant did a turnabout as well. NOT GEORGE THOUGH! He remained furious that the heavyweight championship had been reduced to a crooked game. He was also extremely hurt that his fellow commentators and friends left him hung out to dry! George himself dealt out the ultimate justice taking the titles back himself by knocking Moorer out 7 months later. The damage to the HBO team though was done. For the next nine years they remained a team but never without tension. Whenever George felt Jim or Larry were being YES MEN and calling a fight more favorably for an HBO contracted fighter he would boldly challenge them! Courageous
        Damn didn't know that stuff, good looking out fam. HBO is some slimey reptilian motherfuckas.

Originally posted by lefthook2daliva View Post
        Yeah I have alot of admiration for Foreman. I mean, he said alot of stupid **** as well over the years and was not without bias himself, but even in those instances I found him to be funny and I always got the sense that he was a genuinely good dude.
        I repect Foreman but I always thought he sounded fake sometimes, like he was rehashing speeches.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
          I repect Foreman but I always thought he sounded fake sometimes, like he was rehashing speeches.
          You know what I always thought was fake?

That parade-float, you-have-just- won...A-BRAND-NEW-CAR!!! game show grin...It's like he was tryin' to not look mean and just can't quite do it. Makes me giggle every time it think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            Interview with Jose Aguire from boxingscene. He talked shit about Roy and Foreman.

Damn didn't know that stuff, good looking out fam. HBO is some slimey reptilian motherfuckas.

anytime man this place is like home to me.

Comment

Fire Lampley and bring back big George!

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
                a cute chick posted this on yahoo answers

This tension can be traced back exactly to April 22 1994. On that night Evander Holyfield was defending his title against Michael Moorer. In the second round Holyfield leveled Michael Moorer with a brutal left hook. None of the 3 judges gave Evander a ten eight round despite the clean knockdown. Worst of all one of the judges Jerry Roth actually scored the round even! In the end Roth's horrible descision ultimately cost Evander his heavyweight championship! The argument was that Moorer was handily winning the round at the time of the knockdown. The argument was insane and everyone covering the fight was livid. Every single HBO commentator had something to say about how questionable this was. These people included Jim Lampley Larry Merchant Harold Ledderman James Brown and a furious George Foreman. In the post fight commentary Foreman stopped just short of saying that the Duva's fixed the fight. George said the following I HAVE SEEN ENOUGH! THE DUVA'S HAVE TOO MANY PIECES OF PAPER IN TOO MANY POCKETS! He went on to say that SOMEBODY IS GOING TO HAVE TO GET TOGETHER AND GET THIS JUNK OUT OF HERE! He then said half jokingly that he'd have to eat a lot of hamburgers to get over this one! HBO began promoting the rebroadcast as DID THE JUDGES GET IT WRONG? The Duva's went into attack mode and threatened to sue. They also moved to have Foreman fired for his allegations. Meanwhile Holyfield was being diagnosed with a heart condition. There would be no immediate rematch. Those two things combined caused HBO to completely do a 180. They feared a lawsuit and profusely apologized to Moorer and the Duva's. The postfight comments were edited in the rebroadcast. Lampley backed down completely and said he called the fight wrong. Merchant did a turnabout as well. NOT GEORGE THOUGH! He remained furious that the heavyweight championship had been reduced to a crooked game. He was also extremely hurt that his fellow commentators and friends left him hung out to dry! George himself dealt out the ultimate justice taking the titles back himself by knocking Moorer out 7 months later. The damage to the HBO team though was done. For the next nine years they remained a team but never without tension. Whenever George felt Jim or Larry were being YES MEN and calling a fight more favorably for an HBO contracted fighter he would boldly challenge them! Courageous
                i remember this & foreman in my eyes was the best commentator i ever heard. he was always honest & talk about times he was hurt in fights & what a guy is thinking when things are not going his way,etc. he never tooted his own horn. he was also the ONLY one who said wladimir would become champion of the world & could easily recover from the 2 losses to sanders & brewster when the rest called him the next big bust or when roy jones compared wlad to butterbean & being nothing more the a 4 round fighter. george was always disagreeing with his team. when RJJ replaced foreman lampley said i'm glad to have you back right off the get go...

Comment

I always think that if Pacquiao and Mayweather ever fight each other and Floyd loses a riot would break out like that lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by PacManChamp View Post
                    I always think that if Pacquiao and Mayweather ever fight each other and Floyd loses a riot would break out like that lmao.
                    i doubt it....Floyds fan base isnt that big!

Comment

The news comes first

Comment

Working...
                      X