No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Freddie Roach: Hunter Can't Change Khan's Character

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saracen View Post
    Nothing wrong with going for a big name every 2nd fight. That is how Khan rolls. Shame he can't roll shots.
    +1

I see what you did there.

Comment

Khan isn't Hunter's #1 fighter either, but as a fan of Khan I can't wait till Dec 15 when he beats Molina and then either fights Paulie or Garcia, I think Ortiz would destroy Khan

Comment

Lol@people who think that Roach isn't a talented and/or gifted trainer. :/

Comment

Originally posted by switchsouthpaw View Post
          Lol@people who think that Roach isn't a talented and/or gifted trainer. :/

someone is certainly laughing lol

roach talented? possibly. gifted? absolutely hell fucking no (unless you count overcoming odds and being a top NAME trainer, with his illness)

Comment

virgil hunter has one fighter and is overrated

Virgil has Ward for 20 years and Ward is great. Hunter didn't make Ward great as Ward was given great ability.

Comment

Fighters change over time, and it has nothing to do with "character"

Lets see what Hunter and Khan will do

Comment

Originally posted by fitefan View Post
                sounds like roach is hating to me
                nothing more nothing less....thats how I see it as well

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
                  nothing more nothing less....thats how I see it as well
                  You can't blame Khan, Pacquiaos buddy took over training duties from Roach for the whole Garcia fight. I'm sorry but a world class fighter shouldn't accept some random Filipino who barely speaks English, and is not even a real trainer.

Well Roach has a huge ego, and does think of himself as the greatest boxing trainer, and Khan leaving him hurt that ego, so yea he is hating. He's basically calling Hunter a liar or an idiot, by contradicting him.

Roach is known has an offensive trainer, and Hunter is known as someone who really understands the nitty gritty of what makes a great technical boxer.

I respect Roach, but there's a reason Linares and Khan both left Roach, the guy spread himself too thin, and I personally think he's a little over rated. A trainer provides just as much psychological help as tactical help, and Roach is simply not a dedicated trainer for anyone other than Pac or JCC.
                  Last edited by BrokenHat; 12-06-2012, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Khan will win this fight against the LW but if he tries to fight. Matthesye,rios,Alvarado,Bradley, even berto and Guerrero beats him. Khan will never beat an elite fighter. He his self is b level, sheitt I'd say he still gets sparked by Garcia even with head gear on.

Comment

Originally posted by TysonBomb View Post
                      Fighters change over time, and it has nothing to do with "character"
                      I agree, even if I do think Khan is a gobshite.

Comment

Working...
                      X