The Fight Game with Jim Lampley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Fight Game with Jim Lampley

my first thread ive ever created lol

i just wanted yall opinion on the the last round muted commentary of Martinez vs Chavez jr, i thought it was better then actually listening to Jims suppose boxing commentary

it would be cool if we could actually have an option of listening to this or the guys, i was able to focus a lil more on the fight

Made me realize how long Sergio stood and traded with Chavez Jr. after being put on his ass. He ate some hellacious bombs from a CW and was on his feet till the final bell.

The option for no commentary would be nice for a second viewing, the one where I try to score with precision and not be inluenced by anything outside the ring. The first viewing I'm just enjoying the match and don't keep a clear scorecard.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
      Made me realize how long Sergio stood and traded with Chavez Jr. after being put on his ass. He ate some hellacious bombs from a CW and was on his feet till the final bell.

The option for no commentary would be nice for a second viewing, the one where I try to score with precision and not be inluenced by anything outside the ring. The first viewing I'm just enjoying the match and don't keep a clear scorecard.
      it makes u feel like u in the ring, punches, crowd, i felt like when i go to the live fights

they should make like a special channel just for muted boxing matches or show the match later without commentary

n about sergio dude is a warrior, knee out, hand out, balance out, except the heart was still there, chavez had none left i think sergio would of dropped him or got stoppage if there would of been another round

Comment

it aint that hard to watch with no commentary on your on. MUTE.

but that 12 rounds showed how tired both were. and how much roach aint teaching chavez anything, not single uppercut. a few uppercuts would have sealed the deal, Martinez was easily open for them.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
          it makes u feel like u in the ring, punches, crowd, i felt like when i go to the live fights

they should make like a special channel just for muted boxing matches or show the match later without commentary

n about sergio dude is a warrior, knee out, hand out, balance out, except the heart was still there, chavez had none left i think sergio would of dropped him or got stoppage if there would of been another round
          Hearing the crowd and the punches land with no commentators is much better than just muting it, I agree. Both guys were happy as hell to hear that final bell.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg View Post
            it aint that hard to watch with no commentary on your on. MUTE.

but that 12 rounds showed how tired both were. and how much roach aint teaching chavez anything, not single uppercut. a few uppercuts would have sealed the deal, Martinez was easily open for them.
            I like to hear the crowd reaction and the punches landing. HBO/Showtime should think about adding "no commentary" as an option.

Comment

An extremely poor episode.

Unprofessional of Lampley to complain about Showtime not giving them rights to highlights.

Also unprofessional of Rafael to use his segment to complain/call out GBP for being upset with him covering the Chavez fight as opposed to the Canelo one. He avoided answering questions just so he could talk about that, it was just awkward. Just really lame overall.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post

You have that option if you buy the PPV and stream it from toprank.tv I actually have it downloaded on my computer. I'll upload it when I get the time. The splitscreen multi view version as well.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
                  An extremely poor episode.

Unprofessional of Lampley to complain about Showtime not giving them rights to highlights.

Also unprofessional of Rafael to use his segment to complain/call out GBP for being upset with him covering the Chavez fight as opposed to the Canelo one. Just really lame overall.
                  lol i loved it

Comment

I just laughed my ass off at the "scorned woman" approach that Lampley took up with Showtime, along with the continuous subliminal shots that he took.

Real feminine of HBO, but can they blame? They've been praising "house fighters", while Showtime has crowned themselves the "network of upsets".

LOL

Comment

Working...
                    X