David Price vs. Tony Thompson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    Good opponent and a live dog too IMO

Tall, experienced, durable southpaw with decent power who has only really lost to Wladimir, I don't think we can ask for more at this stage & I truly believe Thompson is a lot better than Johnson, despite his age and certainly lightyears ahead of anything Wilders faced.
    Durable?

Wlad chinned him with ease, twice, early last time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Ruby View Post
      This is a joke fight. I'd expect Tunney to know better but for whatever reason he's pretending its legit.

We know Price can ko old men and tomato cans, its time he step up. Kubrat Pulev is a guy he needs to go after. He's only got 17 fights himself. Yeah, I know they're both trying to hit the Klitschko lottery but fighting a bunch of scrubs ko victims isn't going to prepare them for that or help them improve.

I'd prefer even someone like Peter or Chisora than fuck ass Tony Thompson who is nothing.
      You expect a guy who claims Lennox was in the full prime and youth of his career against Vitali to 'know better'?

Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
        You expect a guy who claims Lennox was in the full prime and youth of his career against Vitali to 'know better'?

Lol.
        Lennox wasn't as old and faded as you say. He was the same age Wlad will be in March, and Wlad has had a lot more fights than Lennox had.

Thompson is somewhat faded, but hasn't had a lot of difficult fights and lives a healthy lifestyle and so is less shop-worn than a lot of men his age.

He's not a top ten HW now (although he was in 2008) but he's the right opponent for Price right now, because David needs pro experience with a former title challenger like Tony.
        Last edited by The Hammer; 12-18-2012, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
          Durable?

Wlad chinned him with ease, twice, early last time.
          Because Price is on Wlad's level...

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
            Thompson is 40 years old. That's the third one in a row.

Thompson is old but still might have too much for price

If price survives this one he need to step up soon, but I fear a devastating ko loss is fast approaching
            Surely the bold counters the other statements?

This fight is fine for now, Thompson has recently fought at world level which is more than Prices other opponents can say.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
              Surely the bold counters the other statements?

This fight is fine for now, Thompson has recently fought at world level which is more than Prices other opponents can say.
              He confused himself with his poor trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                Lennox wasn't as old and faded as you say. He was the same age Wlad will be in March, and Wlad has had a lot more fights than Lennox had.
                That doesn't mean anything. Look at the names on Lewis' resume.

Fighting Thompson is certainly progress; still, i'd like to see Price fight the likes of Dimitrenko, Boystov etc.
                Last edited by yoz; 12-18-2012, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                  That doesn't mean anything. Look at the names on Lewis' resume.
                  Mostly fighters past their prime like Tyson.

Lewis only ever stopped one man who had never been stopped before, and that boxer was ahead on the scorecards at the time of stoppage.

Comment

Good fight for Price. Hopefully he fights a younger opponent afterwards like Pulev, Adamek or Chisora

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                      Mostly fighters past their prime like Tyson.

Lewis only ever stopped one man who had never been stopped before, and that boxer was ahead on the scorecards at the time of stoppage.
                      Are you ******ed?
                      Golota, Grant,Mason etc..
                      Who have Wladimir stop that was never stopped before?
                      42 year old shot Ray Mercer?
                      Last edited by FightScorer; 12-20-2012, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X