No announcement yet.

Showtime commentating crew were a disgrace tonight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Showtime commentating crew were a disgrace tonight

I thought the Showtime crew were a disgrace tonight. They were extremely BIASED in favor of Agbeko and against Mares from the beginning, especially that slimey old Al Bernstein.

Most of what the Showtime commentators were calling low blows were actually on the beltline.

Agbeko was deliberately using the head and pushing Mares down, yet they didn't say much about it.

They wanted the Don King fighter to win for some reason.

Mares won the fight by a wider margin than the scorecards indicated. That 113-113 score was ridiculous, but the commentators never mentioned that it was.

Interesting how in the Super Six, Andre Ward's home referees have permitted him to foul as much as he wants to, yet Al Bernstein never seems to mind at all.

I agree to an extent they where cheer leading agbeko from the beggining. In the first two rounds mares was taking him to school and all the commentators would do is say that agbeko wasnt there and it was bc of the injury instead of giving mares credit. And there was also the fact that agbeko hit mares nonstop in the back of the head and nobody said a thing. But they where on point with the ref being an ass and not taking mares a point away

Comment

Al bernstein is butturt he wont be commentating for either of the two biggest fight of the year and has to settle for lower class boxing

Comment

berstein was clearly on Agbekos nuts from the first round

Comment

I disagree with all of you. Bernstein gave credit when credit was due he was just appalled that the ref would biitch at Agbeko for head butts and not even trip on Mares for his countless low blows. He even felt bad for doggin out the ref.

Comment

They weren't in favor of Agbeko, they critacized Mares and rightfully so, for his repeated low blows. A boxer at this level has control of where his punches are going, he is trained to be accurate. Ref had his gead up his ass. Agbeko got the raw end and they recognized that, doesn't mean they were rooting.

Comment

Yes I agree, AL Bernstein from round 1 clearly showed a bias towards Agbeko and against Mares.

Bernstein also seemed to imply that the knockdown in round 1 was not legit. Antonio Tarver promptly corrected him and stated it was a 100% legit knockdown, as it was.

Bernstein was clearly biased in favour of Agebko.

However, I also thought its true that Russell Mora's officiating was somewhat incompetent tonight. That knockdown in round 11 was a disaster of a call and I dont know how a referee can miss that.

I thought Mares won the fight by 2-to-4 points. I had him up 5-2 after 7 but stopped counting after that.

Russell Mora is a horrible referee, and Al Bernstein is a crooked, biased commentator. Bernstein showed his true colours in round 1, he was openly rooting for Agbeko.

Comment

ALSO, great point you make on the 113-113 card.

That is a ridiculous scorecard. Mares clearly won the fight by a couple rounds.

Agbeko came on late in the fight and had his successes, but I felt Mares clearly won the fight.

ALSO, with the knockdowns, it made it even more so. (Granted, I dont think the KD in round 11 should have counted)

Mares clearly won.

Russell Mora and Al Bernstein should both win "Idiot of the Night" awards.

lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Visceral View Post
                  They weren't in favor of Agbeko, they critacized Mares and rightfully so, for his repeated low blows. A boxer at this level has control of where his punches are going, he is trained to be accurate. Ref had his gead up his ass. Agbeko got the raw end and they recognized that, doesn't mean they were rooting.
                  Bernstein was openly in favour of Agbeko and even tried to say in ROUND 1 that the knockdown shouldn't have counted. He called it a "slip" and not a legit knockdown.

Thats 100% incorrect.

Bernstein was clearly favouring Agbeko and he displayed this in round 1, before the low blows even began.

I do admit that as the fight went on, there became reason to criticize Mora for his incompetence as a referee.

But Bernstein was clearly biased and favouring Agbeko... That was obvious even before the lowblows began.

Comment

BS Bernstein gave credit where credit was due damn it.

Comment

Working...
                    X