Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey religious nuts, if there is a god....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bob Anomaly View Post
    Our planet is one of an infinite number of planets orbiting an infinite number of stars. We got lucky.

God designed the universe so that it looks like it wasnt designed? The universe took billions of years to form and its galaxies are the result of catastrophic collisions and intergalactic cannibalism.
    99.9% of all life on our planet is now extinct.

99.9% of life on our planet is extinct? I suggest you do some research on that, scientists and biologists are finding new species of plants and animals everyday; they just found a new species of fish today as a matter of fact...a physcadellic fish or something that bounces on the bottom of the sea.

I actually was saying that if you look at the natural relationships between organisms an systems on this planet, there is an obvious connection between these systems that, in my opinion, was designed.

And because some guy (a human) entered some constants into a computer (created by an imperfect human) that he can tel how the universe was made? I find this hard to believe and you stated that he said: "In the randomly generated 100 universes, many were able to have stars with long enough lifetimes for the formation of heavy elements such as carbon and for life to evolve." The mere existence of metallic compounds in no way shape or form constitutes a basis for estimating what else is to come. There are trillions upon trillions of other necessary factors for people to "become" out of these materials.

You should research the probabilistic reality of us "just getting lucky" by the big-bang theory. Sure it may take billions of years for things to evolve, which is exactly why I can't see animals such as fish surviving at the bottom of the ocean where there is no light for billions of years until they adapted or evolved into fish that don't need light. If this were the case, the fish would have died off long ago not being able to find food while waiting to miraculously "evolve" into something that could survive in those conditions. I would think that that kind of animal was created for that environment, specifically for that environment.

I don't disbelieve in some evolutionary principles, however people that can't survive in a certain climate move to a location where they can survive...people adapt-not evolve; eskimos eat seals to store fat and use the oils to keep their skin from drying, they don't have some super layer of skin that evolved over billions of years, they adapted to the environment.

I like science as much as the next guy, but the fact remains that the more you look with science, the more you will find dead ends and theories of what could have been...not what really is. Theories are only good until they are disproven, they are mere estimated guesses. I am not a religious freak or nut, I just can't see how people wish to believe in our existence by chance. There are infinite requirements that have to occur all at once for us to survive, only but a few can be explained partially by themselves much less how they all happen at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
      and he created eveything, then who/what created god?
      You're thinking of God as if He were a thing, like a shoe or a branch or the wind.

Think of Him as complete unity in a universe of duality.. formless, shapeless, still, in existence before and after universes, bigger than a universe yet smaller than the smallest known particle, everything is issued out of Him, everything is issued back into Him

Comment

Originally posted by PLATE View Post
        You're thinking of God as if He were a thing, like a shoe or a branch or the wind.

Think of Him as complete unity in a universe of duality.. formless, shapeless, still, in existence before and after universes, bigger than a universe yet smaller than the smallest known particle, everything is issued out of Him, everything is issued back into Him
        interesting, the bible says god created man in his image...

Comment

Do you really think that there was a big explosion and from complete chaos came people, animals, and everything that we know?
          Not exactly.

Just the EXACT amount of the EXACT chemical compounds mixed together forming the EXACT consistency and layers of atmosphere needed to block ultraviolet radiation from the sun to allow us to sustain life?
          99.9999% of the universe is uninhabitable by any known life form. So yeah, god did a stellar job of making a universe just for the purpose of sustaining life.

Just by tossing up some dust in the air allowed plants to give off O2 (dioxygen molecule) that we need to breath and that we would give off the EXACT gaseous compound via our biological processes that allow plants to survive (CO2- Carbon Dioxide); forming an almost supernatural, inherent codependency between the planet's two main inhabitants?
          I'm not sure what tossing dust into the air is on about but the best theory is that the the first life systems were mats of microbes and they first began to replicate some 3 billion years ago. Photosynthesis evolved around 2.4 billion years ago and it was photosynthesizing cyanobacteria in the oceans which oxygenated the atmoshphere and enabled respiring organisms to develop. The development of the use of oxygen in respiration resulted in massive replication in eukaryotic organisms and ultimately led to multicellular organisms.

Not to mention the fact that the earth has an internal rotation that sustains the earth's gravitational field, without which, we would be floating off the ground and our climate patterns would completely reverse causing the earth to go into an ice age and not allow the NATURAL pattern of seasons to establish life cycles in plants- leading to a dead planet incapable of sustaining any life at all.
          Whoa. This is just made-up nonsense, admit it.

Next, we have the Exact distancing from the Sun to allow this "by-chance" planet to receive the Exact amount of the Sun's energy needed to sustain life; too far out and we end up like Pluto (an ice planet), too close and we are a fiery ball of molten lava like mercury.
          The earth is approximately 150 million km from the sun. Mercury is approximately 70 million km from the sun. Pluto is approximately 3660 million km from the sun. I understand that you are quite willing to take extreme examples in order to support your point but let's be honest, you're being rather obvious about it. Why didn't you use Mars and Venus? That would have been a bit more honest.

Again if you count Pluto apparently god, in attempting to make a universe just for us, has apparently created 8 planets wholly unsuitable for us and only one which is suitable. Is he some sort of cowboy or what?

I also suppose that the planet magically positioned itself here instead of somewhere else in another Galaxy, where perhaps there was no Sun
          Always amusing when superstitious people invoke "magic" as a derogatory term against the scientific when what they are countenancing is exactly that.

I mean really, I hear a lot of talk about science versus religion and all this stuff, but if you look at the facts science more and more proves that there is intelligent design in EVERYTHING that can be examined.
          If by "facts" you mean "your totally unsupported opinion" then you'd be right.

This means of course when examined from a probabilistic point of view that when considering just the mere relationships needed to sustain life (people, plants, gravity, atmosphere, solar alignment and the likes) the probability of all these things occurring are not a trillion to 1 (1 x 10^12) but more like (1 x 10^1,000,000) or more...basically a mathematical improbability.
          OK this is either totally made up or you have to show your working. You came to a conclusion that the probability of the universe forming as it is on its own is 10^1 million... what's your basis for this calculation?

And even beyond science per say, use you own observational judgement. When have you seen a bomb or missile hit something and the object comes out more organized and better designed than it was before the bomb blew it to pieces?
          What does this have to do with anything (apart from graphically demonstrating your utter lack of understanding of the concepts you think that you are discussing)?

We are just people and are not meant to understand the reasonings of GOD, nor the creation or existence of GOD.
          That's why we sacrifice to the mountain god and hope that he does not show his displeasure by raining down fire.

Comment

Ur argument is based on science, yet discredits it :
            the more you look with science, the more you will find dead ends and theories
            ???

How does finding a new fish have anything to do with the ocean of species that didnt survive over the course of 4 billion years on this planet? If u type in extinction to google u will find many references to this 99.9% estimate.
            If life and evolution is like a tree, all life at this moment is the only life to survived, it would be a tiny twig. All the other branches with multiple twigs did not survive. Thats how evolution works.

The probability of one planet in an infinite number of planets sustaining life are actually pretty good.

U think animals were created for that specific envioroment, but its the other way around. The enviroment produced that animal through many years of natural selection and exticntion.

Fish that dont need light didnt wait in the dark hoping to evolve! lol U dont understand evolution.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
              Not exactly.

What do you think caused the Big Bang to occur? Or I guess the better question would be, where do you think the energy from the Big Bang came from? What was the driving force of the Big Bang to continually expand?

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                interesting, the bible says god created man in his image...
                If triangles had a god the god of triangles would have three sides.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Corleone View Post
                  What do you think caused the Big Bang to occur? Or I guess the better question would be, where do you think the energy from the Big Bang came from? What was the driving force of the Big Bang to continually expand?
                  Theories are largely conjecture at this time. Does this mean we should give up and conclude it was a magic man snapping his fingers?

Comment

If triangles had a god the god of triangles would have three sides.

Comment

Theories are largely conjecture at this time. Does this mean we should give up and conclude it was a magic man snapping his fingers?
                      Whats wrong with people simply saying... i dont know...

its easy........ watch

I dont know.

Comment

Working...
                      X