No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cortez: Golovkin Can't Make 154 For Mayweather Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cortez: Golovkin Can't Make 154 For Mayweather Bout

WBA/IBO/IBF middleweight champion Gennady "GGG" Golovkin (34-0, 31KOs) is willing to drop down to the junior middleweight limit of 154-pounds for one fight only - a dream match with Floyd Mayweather Jr. (49-0, 26KOs).

Retire referee and ESPN Deportes expert analyst Joe Cortez has serious doubts about Golovkin's ability to make that weight. He even doubts Golovkin is capable of making any catch-weight limit for such a fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Abe and Genady seem to think so. Not being close to the guy, it's hard for me (or Cortez) to really say. Bizarre that no one seems to have heard the news about Floyd retiring...

Comment

Full fledge MW who weighs the same as the top JR.MW.

I agree that people should stop the Floyd GGG talk, Floyd is too old for that challenge.

Also, how are we to take him serious if he is seemingly unaware of what Floyd's doing.

GGG also isn't a big MW, considering he comes in the ring weighing what many JR.MW's like Lara and Andrade do, and less than Canelo.

What's that say about those JR.MW's, or what does that say about GGG.

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      Abe and Genady seem to think so. Not being close to the guy, it's hard for me (or Cortez) to really say. Bizarre that no one seems to have heard the news about Floyd retiring...

Comment

I didn't know Joe Cortez was also GGG's strength and conditioning coach.

Mr. fair but firm can do it all.

Comment

Who cares anyways? Floyd's too old and GGG's no spring chicken either. People still ***** and complain about the 2lbs Canelo had to cut. They might not say it now but the minute the fights signed they'd ***** about the 7lbs too. Yet it go.

Comment

Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
            GGG also isn't a big MW.....what does that say about GGG.
            That he is too chicken to give the lil guys a reasonable catchweight

Comment

Golovkin ready to drain himself to fight Floyd but won't move up to fight Ward?
              Last edited by GRUSTLER; 11-11-2015, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
                I agree that people should stop the Floyd GGG talk, Floyd is too old for that challenge.

Also, how are we to take him serious if he is seemingly unaware of what Floyd's doing.

GGG also isn't a big MW, considering he comes in the ring weighing what many JR.MW's like Lara and Andrade do, and less than Canelo.

What's that say about those JR.MW's, or what does that say about GGG.
                consider this..when geale had to drop more weight for cotto he rehydrated more than normal...rios is a good example as well..

as for ggg regular 160lb rehydration weight..i dont think thats the max he can get i think that is where he is comfortable at fight the level of opposition that is 160.

he stood side by side with canelo and he taller and bigger..he's been 173 at a 30 day weigh in, but his last he was 165 or under, bc it seems like he is getting his body ready to make 155 for canelo or cotto...

and floyd is not fightin mr 97k...thats the part mr fair but firm didnt bring up

Comment

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
                  Golovkin ready to drain himself to fight Floyd but won't move up to fight Ward?
                  i feel he should give canelo and cotto the same respect...they are simply bigger than that belt and i feel he still beats both if he just jabs and keeps the distance

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                    Who cares anyways? Floyd's too old and GGG's no spring chicken either. People still ***** and complain about the 2lbs Canelo had to cut. They might not say it now but the minute the fights signed they'd ***** about the 7lbs too. Yet it go.
                    we dont have to let it go...97k let it go about 2 or 3 weeks ago

Comment

Working...
                    X