Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wait let me get this straight.... So Broner do it and its classless.. koralev do it..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Track records speak for themselves.

Part of why Broner gets hated on is the fact that he tries far too hard.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
      In other words - Say something good!! I remember as a teen I was knocking on doors in Longview Texas and a Black family opened the door and I asked if I could do some yard work for food and they said there is no need to do some work and they said they were getting ready to serve lunch and they welcomed me in and all I can say is along with that real hospitality, they made some of the best Soul Food I have ever had and were very warm toward me. I'll never forget that. My mother had a Soul Food cookbook and it had some good recipes but nothing compared to that buffet spread that Sunday that those people invited me in to.

I remember when we moved into a house in East Oakland and the Mexican family next door came that first evening with all kinds of warm foods and welcomed us to the neighborhood and man, that food was great and so was their welcoming presence. The next place in Oakland we moved into the Mexican family upstairs from us did the same thing. That family upstairs, man, thats the kind of food that someone should open a restaurant with.

In other words, A) don't tolerate racial remarks and B) say something nice about a race, creed, color, nationality!
      Lol......rich you are a funny guy. Seems like you have a good head on your shoulders though. You are right racial remarks should not be tolerated, it just society has become so saturated with racial jargon in the form of comedy, or other entertainment, that moral distinction loses a step. You are right that you can only form real opinions with any basis in fact by using real experience, no matter how limited that experience might be. Its complicated, and generally its viewed as worse if the white man denigrates upon a minority than a minority speaking on a minority. Sounds out of balance but that's how it is, given the historical context.

Like I said you have a good head on your shoulders... But let me ask this: would you get with a boricua or sista, not just hit and quit, but truly be serious about it? If not, is that racist?

Comment

• Originally posted by Syf View Post
        Like I said you have a good head on your shoulders... But let me ask this: would you get with a boricua or sista, not just hit and quit, but truly be serious about it? If not, is that racist?
        You mean like a long-term relationship? If that is the question, it comes down to who you are attracted to. Really a preference. But I have a wide range of favorites. Not just some physical thing.
        Last edited by richardt; 08-19-2013, 09:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
          You mean like a long-term relationship? If that is the question, it comes down to who you are attracted to. Really a preference. But I have a wide range of favorites. Not just some physical thing.
          wide range of favorites huh... Not sure what all that entails. oh well I was just curious.

on with the crusade, then.

Comment

Working...
          X