Collapse
No announcement yet.

Every big fight this year has flopped.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every big fight this year has flopped.

Pac-mosley - mediocre
    Mayweather-ortiz - sucker punch
    Haye-klitschko - snoozefest
    Hopkins-dawson -injury
    Agbeko-mares - conspiracy
    Martinez-barker -lackluster
    And now donaire follows the trend.

Now even though its not necessarily the fault of the fighters that they were less than impressive its becoming a clear priority for boxing to change its guard soon. Because while all the focus is on what seems like the biggest fights on paper:

Brandon rios - dominant
    Amir khan - seemingly the heir apparent as boxings posterchild
    saul alvarez - breakout star
    wolak vs rodriguez - foty

Wolak vs Rodriguez - fight of the year? IMO that fight had nothing on Murat vs Campillo!

Also Martinez vs Barker was a decent night of boxing IMO

Comment

This sport is becoming a joke with poor match making and diva stars.

Comment

Froch-Johnson didn't disappoint, not me anyway. Don't know if you could call that a big fight.

Expect Pacquiao-Marquez and Ward-Froch to follow the trend. Khan-Peterson I'm expecting to be good though.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
          This sport is becoming a joke with poor match making and diva stars.
          That's not poor matchmaking. Many of those fights are fights we should want to see as fans. It's just unfortunate that they turned out the way they did.

Comment

Don't forget Alexander-Bradley

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Froch-Johnson didn't disappoint, not me anyway. Don't know if you could call that a big fight.

Expect Pacquiao-Marquez and Ward-Froch to follow the trend. Khan-Peterson I'm expecting to be good though.

Yh good call on the Johnson v Froch fight!
              The McCloskey vs Prescott fight was decent as well apart from the judges scorecards.

We still have Margarito v Cotto, Burns v Katsidis & plenty more fights to go that should produce fireworks though

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
                Don't forget Alexander-Bradley
                yes that was pretty bad as well.

Comment

Donaire - Montiel flopped?
                  Ortiz - Berto flopped?
                  Rios - Antillo flopped?
                  Morales - Maidana flopped?

We've also had tons of upsets this year. Look at the positive for a change.

Comment

Originally posted by dancovboxer View Post
                    Yh good call on the Johnson v Froch fight!
                    The McCloskey vs Prescott fight was decent as well apart from the judges scorecards.

We still have Margarito v Cotto, Burns v Katsidis & plenty more fights to go that should produce fireworks though
                    Yes the year isnt over yet...but my point is with the exception of the super 6 winner which should be in an excellent situation, how long can the promoters, networks, and the sport continue to pour resources on these supposed bankable stars who fail to impress and are progressively aging while all the younger upcoming dominant guys go largely unnoticed and undervalued.

Comment

Working...
                    X